During this time of “Social Distancing“ due to COVID-19 and in preparation for the resumption of operations, we at The Burks Companies (TBC) encourage you to apply for any position in which you feel your skills sets match with a particular posting. Should TBC feel the need to contact you, we may do so via email, phone, text, and/or video conference based on the contact information you provide on your application. We wish you the best of luck in your job search and feel free to return as positions are updated often.
ANY Salary Estimation that may appear on this job posting DOES NOT reflect the salaries set by this company for this position.
GUEST ROOM ATTENDANT (Hotel Room Cleaning)
The Burks Companies, Inc. || Performance is Everything
The Burks Companies (TBC) is a leader in providing a wide range of facilities and operations support services to 4-5 Star Hotels and Resorts we manage the cleaning of Casinos and Resort, provide staffing, housekeeping, stewarding, banquets laundry and facility support services to the absolute best clients in the Hospitality and Gaming Industries. TBC offers each employee a comprehensive benefits program, opportunities for growth and more. Learn more at www.theburkscompanies.com.
Guest Room Attendant (Hotel Room Cleaning)
A Guest Room Attendant (GRA) is responsible for cleaning guest rooms and responding to guest requests in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service.
Must be at least 21 years old.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Clean rooms/suites as assigned by supervisor ensuring quality of cleanliness and customer service including but not limited to vacuuming carpets, cleaning floors, dusting furniture and structural surfaces, changing linen and making beds, cleaning bathroom and bathroom items and removing trash.
- Responsible for reporting room discrepancies and maintenance problems to the supervisor.
- Replace room amenities, literature and other items as directed by supervisor and prescribed by brand standards.
- Customer Service Responds promptly to customer needs, requests for service and assistance. Respond to special requests from guests.
- Team Work Treats people with respect. Keeps commitments. Upholds organizational values. Assists with preventative cleaning programs as assigned.
- Quality Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; monitors own work to ensure quality. Maintains cleanliness of storage room and stock carts.
- Quantity Meets productivity standards and completes work within a timely manner. Completes rooms within approved budget and time.
- Safety and Security Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses chemicals and equipment properly. Wears gloves while cleaning guest rooms. Responsible for any assigned keys and for following key control policies.
- Dependability Is consistently at work and on time. Arrives at scheduled meetings and appointments on time. Is able to meet the demands of the industry with regard to working holidays and weekends.
- Initiative Volunteers readily. Asks for and offers help when needed. Check with supervisor upon completion of room assignments before leaving for the day.
- Compliance Report all lost and found articles and maintenance issues to supervisor. Reports all “Do not Disturbs“ and “Refuse Services“ to supervisor.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent is preferred. Six months previous housekeeping experience is a plus
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Working knowledge of various cleaning equipment, vacuum cleaners, tools and fixtures
- Ability to work quickly under pressure
- Ability to follow direction and instructions
- Guest service oriented; ability to adhere to TBC's Quality and Operations Standards
- Frequent walking and standing for entire length of shift
- Frequent bending, stooping, reaching, kneeling, and carrying
- Use of hands to operate cleaning equipment and complete a variety of cleaning duties
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Visual acuity sufficient to inspect cleanliness of surfaces
THIS COMPANY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER