The dietary aide performs a variety of dietary tasks (trayline, dishroom, cleaning, stocking, sanitation, mopping, serving, special function service, patient tray delivery) in order to provide quality and appropriate service to promote customer satisfaction. Handles food operations per department and regulatory standards. Follows requirements for nutrition needs of age specific customer populations through adherence to Diet Office tray tickets and NMHC diet lists.
Unit/Department Specific (if applicable)
For 8820, 8870 and 2840 operates cash register, documents daily menu selections, counts and justifies cash drawer. Exhibits first rate customer service skills
- High school diploma or equivalent education preferred.
- Former institutional food service experience preferred, but not required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to problem solve in utilizing tally sheets
- Ability to perform basic math equations
- Ability to discern the difference in size and purpose of portion control
- Understands standard portions and the importance of portion control.
- Must be able to read, write, and follow oral and written directions in English.
- Must be able to speak to and greet customers in English in tray delivery/retail service.
License RequirementNone Specified
At North Memorial Health, we're on a mission to change healthcare. We're delivering unmatched customer service and empowering our customers throughout Minnesota and Western Wisconsin to achieve their best health. North Memorial Health is a leader in delivering advanced medical care from Emergency, Urgent Care, Specialty Programs and Services, Primary Clinics, Ambulance and Air Medical Transportation.