Intercept is now hiring for a Part time Overnight Support Specialist! This position serves as a positive role model for residents to observe and learn socially effective values, attitudes and behaviors. They contribute to the formulation and implementation of the resident transitional living plan and assist with life skills learning, transportation, and administrative duties. A $500 signing bonus is included!!
- Use good interpersonal communication skills to gain resident cooperation and resolve resident conflicts. Interact with all residents while maintaining appropriate relationships which do not allow self-disclosure of personal or social information to residents.
- Provide transportation, accompany, and directly supervise residents on outings, activities and appointments in the community.
- Guide residents in personal hygiene techniques and the proper care of their condominiums. Assist residents in meal preparation steps. Guide and instruct residents in proper housekeeping and laundry procedures; review completion of weekly chores.
- Exercise fair, firm and consistent use of behavioral system.
- Supervise the administration of medications as appropriate.
- Check each condominium to ensure residents are in by curfew, working, or on an approved pass. Document all incidences in communication log and contact the Life Skills Coach or Program Supervisor. Record accurate and complete information in the resident chart pertaining to: resident behavior, critical incidents, AWOLs, restrictions, unusual sleep patterns, etc.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
The Overnight Support Specialist shall have a human services Bachelors degree (Counseling, Social Work, Psychology, Special Education, etc) OR a High School diploma with at least one year of experience working with children and/or families.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free, smoke-free work environment.