Roanoke, VA, US, 24014
Under the supervision of a physician, the Perfusionist operates the cardiopulmonary bypass machines and monitors the patient status during surgery. The Perfusionist also provides back up coverage for off-pump cases. On-call rotation required.
Performs significant job responsibilities:
- Maintenance and operation of the cardiopulmonary bypass equipment.
- Appropriate documentation in the perfusion record and entry of data into computer programs.
- Administration of drugs and other agents during cardiopulmonary bypass under the supervision of the cardiac anesthesiologist and cardiac surgeon.
- Will have an understanding of the following techniques: left heart bypass, myocardial protection, blood conservation, anticoagulation monitoring/analysis, physiological monitoring/analysis, blood gas and blood chemistry monitoring/analysis, induction of hypothermia with reversal inducing deep hypothermic circulatory arrest, hemodilution, and ultrafiltration, Extracorporeal CPR, V/V and V/A ECMO.
- Maintenance and operation of equipment: Cell Saver, IAPB, and ancillary centrifugal pumps.
- Participates in Quality Management and research projects.
- Operation of the I-Stat Point-of-Care Instrument.
- Provides guidance, leadership and support to the Carilion ECMO program.
- Consistently deliver the best in customer service and patient care. As a team member, demonstrate respect, dignity, kindness and empathy in each encounter with patients, families, visitors and other employees.
Play an important role in the the award-winning care provided by Carilion Clinic's Cardiovascular Institute (CVI).
As our region's leader in heart and vascular health, CVI sets the standard for care. The award-winning team combines continuous research and the latest technological advances with patient-centered care to ensure your best possible outcome. Our patients experience better surgical outcomes, fewer complications and faster recovery times. Every member of our team is dedicated to world-class care, continuous innovation… and your heart.
Interested candidates can contact Melissa Ferguson, Recruiter, at (540) 525-4093 to schedule an interview.
Education: Two years of experience as clinical perfusionist with a minimum of 200 perfusions for open heart surgery preferred. Experience may be obtained in a training program. Bachelor degree preferred.
Licensure, certification, and/or registration: N/A
Other Minimum Qualifications: Must be certified or eligible for certification by the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion.
Below are our core values that we strive to embody and expect of all our team members:
CommUNITY: Working in unison to serve our community, our Carilion family and our loved ones.
Courage: Doing what's right for our patients without question.
Commitment: Unwavering in our quest for exceptional quality and service.
Compassion: Putting heart into everything we do.
Curiosity: Fostering creativity and innovation in our pursuit of excellence.
Requisition Number: 56476
Employment Status: Full time
Location: CRMH - Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital
Shift Details: Rotating call with perfusion team
Recruiter: MELISSA W FERGUSON
Recruiter Phone: 540-525-4093
Recruiter Email: MBWatts@carilionclinic.org
This is Carilion Clinic ...
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.
Nearest Major Market: Roanoke
Job Segment: Cardiac, Surgery, Neurology, Orthopedic, Physiology, Healthcare