Operations Specialist, Charitable
Schwab Charitable is an independent public charity created to help increase charitable giving in the United States by offering the flexible giving solution of a donor-advised fund account. A donor advised fund account is a simple, efficient, tax-smart investment account designed specifically for charitable purposes that offers clients and advisors a simple and streamlined way to give, invest and grant effectively. We are a leading national donor-advised fund provider—having granted out to over 123,000 charities since inception on behalf of our donors.
At Schwab Charitable, we believe people have an inherent desire to give and that investing and giving when done together can empower us to make a real difference in the world. We make it easy to integrate charitable giving into clients’ financial planning and wealth management strategies. We believe that if our clients apply the same thoughtful strategy to their giving and philanthropy that they apply to their finances and investments, they will be happier and more fulfilled donors. Through our uniquely integrated approach, access to online resources and the team of charitable specialists, we offer the tools, guidance and relationships to help donors give more to the charities that matter most to them.
Schwab Charitable operates as an independent charity, but is closely affiliated with and enjoys the support of Charles Schwab & Co, including contractual agreements to provide a variety of services. This position will be an employee of Charles Schwab & Co. and will be subject to its human resources and risk policies and procedures, but will report to and be accountable to Schwab Charitable for day to-day activities.
Workplace Flexibility Program: We're proud to support our employees in a working approach that allows you to bring your best self to work – whether that’s in the office or remote.
- Most Schwabbies have the opportunity to voluntarily work in the office or at home based on their preference*
- When the firm is ready to fully return to the office, employees will have the flexibility of a hybrid work environment, spending some time working remote and some time in the office.
- Employees and managers can discuss and decide what works best for them, with additional flexibility available based on their role, business needs, and individual circumstances.
*Subject to change as Schwab is continually evaluating the current environment in order to best care for the safety and well-being of our employees.
What you are good at
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Attention to detail with an emphasis on accuracy and an ability to discuss sophisticated regulations and operational details with advisors, clients, and charities
- Well-developed time management skills with the ability to organize, handle and balance contending priorities
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills with the ability to deliver technical information in lay terms
- Highly adaptive, change-positive personality capable of working effectively within a team environment
What you have
- BA/BS degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years employment experience (background in financial services, specifically with Charles Schwab, Inc., or the non-profit sector highly desired)
- Flexible and willing to work extended hours/overtime during the year-end peak season (mid November to February)
- Quick and accurate data entry skills
- Professional and confident demeanor
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding customer service skills, particularly the ability to communicate with affluent clients and their investment advisors
- Proficient in Microsoft applications such as Excel, Word and Outlook.
- High confidence level with financial services and trading operations
Target Total Compensation - 49,600 - 74,500.
Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience -- talk with your recruiter to learn more.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.