At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We're all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
We write software that delights our customers every time they interact with Discover. We're looking for an engineering manager for the software development group that builds capabilities for our existing Discover Cardmembers. If you're curious and want to contribute to Discover's mission of helping customers achieve a brighter financial future, we want to hear from you!
What you'll do
- Coach and mentor a team of developers, supporting them to achieve individual development goals
- Hire and retain outstanding developer talent for the product teams
- Work with peers and architects to define technical skill gaps and maintain a technical developer training roadmap
- Partnering with the Technical Product Managers and contribute to each product's technical roadmap
- Identify patterns and oversee solutions that push the boundaries of our technical stack to handle customer demands
- Enable the sharing of knowledge and inner sourcing of tools for the benefit of all development teams
- Identify and pursue initiatives that pave the way for developers to deliver value more quickly
Who you are
- A technical leader who's passionate about understanding business problems, coaching developers, and shaping the department's technical strategy
- Have previous experience in leading developers and a role in software/product development
At a minimum, here's what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 8+ years of experience in Application Development
- 2+ years of experience in supervising
If we had our say, we'd also look for
- Agile, Scrum Master
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.