Provide guidance on complex compliance risk management activities in assigned area of responsibility. Execute the compliance strategy and assist in identifying compliance risk exposure and help the organization prioritize compliance risks.
- Consult with managers of business units on compliance matters related to Pooled Investment Vehicles, including Wilmington Public Mutual Funds, Rodney Square Private Funds, and Collective Investment Funds as well as the Registered Investment Advisors (Wilmington Funds Management Corporation and Wilmington Trust Investment Management)
- Provide timely and thoughtful regulatory expertise in response to business initiatives, line of business guidance requests, internal and external audits, and regulatory examinations.
- Ensure compliance with existing processes and procedures and recommend new ones that most effectively anticipate, manage, and reduce risk to the business.
- Assist in development and communicate recommendations that support adherence to regulations, industry best practices and/or the CRM program.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge and understanding of the laws, rules and regulations with which the business and/or CRM must comply and an awareness of issues of recent regulatory focus.
- Develop and/or deliver training to support employees in fulfilling their compliance responsibilities.
- Escalate and measure compliance risk issues to leadership and the lines of business, as well as the 1st and 2nd Lines of Defense, as necessary.
- Liaison with CRM departments as appropriate in the execution of CRM program components.
- Assist in Risk Assessment to identify compliance risk exposure and help the organization prioritize compliance risks.
- Assess compliance issues presented through new/revised product and service offerings and work closely with lines of business to plan a response.
- Work with business units and/or CRM to design a plan for timely and effective resolution of complex issues identified through monitoring and testing.
- May interact with numerous risk and executive management, lines of business, and support organizations such as Internal Audit and Legal on an ongoing and regular basis to ensure the enterprise is operating within the Board-mandated compliance risk tolerance
Specific to Posting:
WISD: Wealth and investment laws and regulations (Investment Advisors Act of 1940, Investment Company Act of 1940, Regulation 9, Securities Act of 1933, Securities Exchange Act of 1934)
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor's Degree in related field.
6 years' experience in compliance, legal, audit, risk or other relevant function,
OR in lieu of degree,
A combined minimum 10 years higher education and/or work experience, including 6 years in compliance, legal, audit, risk or other relevant function
Buffalo, New York, United States of America