Saturday 12am to 12 pm and Sunday 12am to 12pm
Part time Position
$15.50 an hour
Make decisions when necessary and appropriate in keeping with house regulations and guidelines, such as phone use, curfew, etc.
· Be available to residents for discussion of problems, needs and emergencies as they arise.
· Answer the telephone; take and give information as necessary.
· Supervise the planning and preparation of meals. Assist and instruct residents in menu planning, food shopping and meal preparation.
· Provide and implement recreational activities in consultation with residents.
· Provide transportation to job interviews or other necessary activities.
· Assist residents to use public transportation, to make and keep medical and dental appointments.
· Assist residents in the care and maintenance of the house.
· Teach Independent Living and Parenting Skills and assist residents to carry these out. Help them to find employment, housing and to connect with community resources when necessary.
· Attend staff meetings and in-service training as required.
· Record all pertinent information in the daily log and progress notes and communicate any problems to the House Manager or Case Manager.
· Care for children of residents while the resident is participating in approved activities.
· Perform all other assigned duties.
· High School Diploma and some Human Service experience.
· Valid NYS Drivers License
· Acceptable clearance checks for State Central Register, Driver license and fingerprinting as required by the program.
· Compliance with health regulations for physical/mantoux testing.
· This position requires successful completion of Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI) training, which includes a written test and demonstration of the competency to perform physical restraints, as specified by the program and regulatory body. Additionally, staff must successfully complete all required TCI refreshers in order to maintain continued employment.
SCO Family of Services is an equal employment opportunity employer