Continuous Improvement Engineer
Stability. Innovation. Industry Leader - We are Silgan.
Continuous Improvement Engineer in Modesto, CA
We are proud to be anessential part of the worlds food supply chainand are looking for team members who will take this job as seriously as we do! Join Silgan Containers as a Continuous Improvement Engineer and serve as the lead change agent for Lean/Six Sigma implementation, process improvement, and improvement of capabilities of people. Apply today!
What youll do:
- Develop, deliver, and support Lean/Six Sigma programs that teach continuous improvement concepts, principles, and tools, such as problem-solving, coaching, Kaizen, VSM, Standard Work, 5S, and TPM
- Coordinate, facilitate, and present CI projects
- Oversee and participate in the post-implementation assessments of realized benefits of process improvement activities
- Assist in the proliferation of the best practices through the organization
We need you to have:
- Bachelors Degree relating to a technical field preferred; in place of formal education will consider the equivalent technical experience
- 2+ years of Lean/Six Sigma manufacturing experience in a high-speed manufacturing environment
- Self-starter who is able to handle multiple tasks, maintain priorities, work with minimum supervision
- Ability to travel domestically up to 25% of the year-overnight stays may be required
- A valid drivers license
What we offer:
- Comprehensive training program on Silgan can-making equipment
- A great culture where you feel like a member of our family
- A competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, & life insurance, 401(k) plan with a 6% employer match, paid time off, wellness program, tuition reimbursement, and more
Who we are:
- A stable, reliable, and environmentally conscious company
- A leading supplier of metal food containers in North America and Europe and worldwide supplier of plastic bottles and closures across various end markets.
- The largest subsidiary of Silgan Holdings and a leading manufacturer of metal food containers in the US
- A company that strives towardsustainabilityby reducing our carbon footprint, selecting like-minded suppliers, and providing recyclable products