This posting is for Short Term 2019-2020 School Year
Martin Luther King Jr. Elementary School
182 Day Contract
High school diploma or equivalent
New Mexico licensure; must hold or be able to obtain a Level 3,
K-12 Educational Assistant License
Must hold or be able to obtain a Substitute License
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Educational Assistants may be assigned to regular education, special education classrooms, to assist librarians, the school nurse, other professionals, or to monitor and manage the school workroom.
- Primary duties include: assisting teachers and professionals with preparation and/or delivery of instructional material;
- assisting in one-on-one and small group activities;
- assisting in transferring students;
- assisting in caring for student needs: May include such duties as feeding, cleaning, diapering, caring for catheter equipment (connecting, emptying, reconnecting catheter bag), toileting, feminine hygiene, clothing changes, transporting in wheelchairs, transferring to and from wheelchairs, and assisting with other daily living activities;
- assisting teacher and ancillary staff in implementing goals and objectives for each student;
- assisting in management/re-direction of students who may be disruptive or combative;
- assisting with supervision of students on the playground, cafeteria, restrooms, and hallways;
- participating in staff meetings, in-service training as per negotiated agreement,
- other school activities;
- performing clerical duties for teachers;
- performing substitute duties as assigned;
- performing other duties as assigned.
Work hours will be in accordance with hours determined by the school district and the individual schools within parameters of the current Collective Bargaining Agreement.
The following documents must be attached to complete this application:
- One (1) transcript from each credentialing college or university, or, if you have no college credits,
- A copy of your High School Diploma or GED Certificate
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Review salary information here.