Universal Banker I - Float Flex (Full-Time), Ridgewood, NJ
Summary: As a Universal Banker you will provide a full range of banking services to retail customers; including both transactional and non-transactional processes. Offers customers more personal banking options while still providing traditional services and assists in reaching all goals set for the branch.
- Processes all banking transactions including but not limited to; deposits, withdrawals, transfers, cashing checks, money orders, selling money orders, gift and Bank checks, processing loan payments and safe deposit box rentals. All banking transactions are to be processed through Columbia Bank’s on-line terminals;
- The ability to travel to various branches within the region using own vehicle; primary branches would be Voorhees, Mount Laurel, Medford and Maple Shade;
- Opens new deposit and checking accounts of all kind and explains these products to customers as required. Handles deceased accounts. Assists with maintenance of files and any documentation of daily platform work required. Assists customers with safe deposit boxes, answers inquiries or provides explanations of all products and services including renegotiation of CDs;
- Discusses personal financial needs with customers and makes recommendations on how the Bank can meet those needs. Cross sells Bank’s products and services. Interacts with other Bank departments as required. Services customers, in person or via the telephone, to answer inquiries, research and resolve customer problems and/or complaints and ensure customer satisfaction. Explains the features and benefits of on-line banking and how it works;
- Prepares daily proof sheet at close of business each day. Helps with end of day closing procedures for the branch which includes, but is not limited to; preparation of branch consolidation sheet and document imaging of required branch work;
- Maintains accurate customer and account records. Maintains and updates safe deposit box records, back office work and ordering checks and maintaining branch files;
- Makes referrals to the Wealth Management area of the Bank, First Jersey Title, Mortgage Origination and other departments of the Bank as appropriate;
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma required or a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, or Finance is preferred;
- 1-2 years of retail or customer service experience required;
- Knowledge of financial products preferred;
- Interpersonal, time management, organizational and PC skills a must;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required;
- Ability to work weekends as needed or scheduled;
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.;
- Travel within the region as required;
- Candidates must attend mandatory training, continued employment is contingent upon passing training classes.
- Must be able to travel to various branches within the assigned Bergen North Region for flex float position.
- Independent and highly motivated self-starter;
- Results oriented with proven track record to motivate self and others to accomplish objectives;
- Dedicated, enthusiastic, and driven; possesses a strong work ethic;
- A collaborator and team player, translating knowledge and experience into strong and productive relationships;
- Ability to deliver a seamless experience to the customer.
Work Schedule: Hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 AM to close and Saturday 8:45 AM to close. Must be able to work a flexible schedule including Saturdays and Sundays, depending on the branch.
Orientation, Onboarding & Training:
We provide you the training to help you excel in your position. In order to maximize on your experience we have a robust Onboarding & Orientation Process. Universal Banker positions require either part-time or full-time training for 10 business days. Training schedules are based on availability.
Requirement: Full vaccination against COVID-19 is required as a condition of employment, unless a legally required exception applies.
Columbia Bank and its affiliates is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Affirmative Action Employer/Males/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities