The Department of Oncology Translational Science is seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented Sr. Data Steward/Scientist to join the Molecular Genomics Laboratory. The Molecular Genomics Laboratory aids in the discovery of DNA, RNA and Epigenetic patient selection and pharmacodynamic biomarkers for advancing Oncology discovery research programs. The Senior Data Scientist will contribute to the identification of novel biomarkers and the characterization of the mode of action of immuno-oncology and tumor-cell targeted therapies using their computational expertise.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Organize and integrate imaging and multi-omic datasets generated from external and internal sources.
- Identify and/or develop a platform for tracking and managing NGS workflows and metadata.
- Connect and engage with global computational biology and IT departments to facilitate knowledge exchange.
- Maintain high-level expertise in own field.
- Independently and clearly communicate results in the form of reports, publications and/or oral presentations.
- Design, execute, interpret and complete projects in a timely and independent manner.
- PhD degree in Computational Biology, Computer Science, Bioinformatics or related field with 0-2 years relevant post degree experience.
- Hands on experience with designing and/or tailoring LIMS systems for NGS workflows.
- Practical experience with a broad range of NGS analysis methods (bulk and single cell RNA-seq, Exome-seq, ATAC-seq and spatial transcriptomics).
- Proficiency in relevant programming languages such as Python, R, MATLAB and SQL.
- Experience working in cloud (AWS) and HPC environments.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
Must be 18 years of age or older
Who We Are:
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
Boehringer Ingelheim, including Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim USA, Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health USA Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health Puerto Rico LLC and Boehringer Ingelheim Fremont, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; citizenship status, marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition; physical or psychiatric disability; veteran or military status; domestic violence victim status; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.