Candidate will be hired at level commensurate with experience and education
As an active team member of the talented and innovative Cancer Immunology and Immune Modulation (CI&IM) research group at Boehringer-Ingelheim’s US research facility in Ridgefield, CT, the successful candidate will contribute to research and development programs in the cancer immunology space, including development of innovative in vivo and ex vivo models for testing new candidate therapeutics. The ideal candidate will have a desire to build on their knowledge and skills in in vivo mouse cancer models to learn new technologies and methodologies in an extremely stimulating research environment.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform and assist with critical in vivo experiments using existing in vivo mouse tumor models and assist in the development of novel in vivo and ex vivo tumor models
- Operate in a highly organized fashion in terms of goal setting and achieving for multiple simultaneous experiments/tasks.
- Independent execution of routine experiments and independent application of basic scientific principles
- Maintain proper records in accordance with SOPs and policies
- Collaboration, exchange, and contribution to a stimulating scientific and laboratory culture along with other CI&IM group members is expected
- Continuously develop scientific and drug development expertise by expanding scientific/technical knowledge and skill sets
- Communicate own work effectively orally and in writing; contribute to writing protocols, procedures, and technical reports; provide input for scientific reports
Scientist III Requirements:
- Master’s Degree from an accredited institution with three-plus (3 ) years of experience in related scientific discipline, OR Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution with seven-plus (7 ) years of experience in related scientific discipline or equivalent experience in related field.
Scientist IV Requirements:
- Master’s Degree from an accredited institution withsix-plus (6 ) years of experience in a related scientific discipline, ORBachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution with 10 years ofexperience in a related field or equivalent experience in a related field
Requirements for both levels:
- Experience working with in vivo tumor models is required
- Excellent cell culture skills, including experience working with and generating tumor cell lines is a plus
- Demonstrated research experience with a focus on basic immunology techniques, such as multi-channel flow cytometry, FACS sorting, ELISA, and microscopy is desired
- Experience with concise and accurate reporting and interpretation of technical data and information
- An understanding of immunological principles is a plus
- Well-developed trouble-shooting skills and problem solving abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Appropriate level of understanding of applicable regulations
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction
Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
Must be 18 years of age or older
Who We Are:
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key because your growth is our growth. Want to learn more?
Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health. Boehringer Ingelheim, including Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim USA, Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health USA, Inc., Merial Barceloneta, LLC and Boehringer Ingelheim Fremont, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status, including protected veteran status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.