Candidate will be hired at level commensurate with experience and education
Boehringer Ingelheim is currently seeking a talented and innovative Scientist III/IV to join the Antibody Generation Group within the Biotherapeutics Department located at our US headquarters in Ridgefield, CT. This position will conduct experiments with FACS and flow cytometry to support our drug discovery efforts for biologics. This individual will be expected to make major contributions to the generation of best-in-class and first-in-class therapeutics to address major unmet medical needs.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Initiates and completes routine procedures in an independent and efficient manner; Troubleshoots effectively and solves scientific problems; Operates lab equipment and is independently responsible for maintenance; Interprets and analyzes technical data accurately and independently.
- Independently applies basic scientific principles, performs literature searches, attends scientific meetings, and keeps abreast of literature in own field.
- Proposes and implements new technologies to improve process quality and efficiency.
- Effectively communicates orally and in writing; Discusses own work in the context of team and department goals in a concise and accurate manner; Drafts and audits technical reports and contributes to writing of publications.
- Reports and treats data with a high level of integrity and ethics.
- Complies with applicable regulations, performing all work in a safe manner; Maintains proper records in accordance with SOPs and policies.
Scientist III Requirements:
- Master’s Degree from an accredited institution with three-plus (3 ) years of experience in related scientific discipline, OR Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution with seven-plus (7 ) years of experience in related scientific discipline or equivalent experience in related field
Scientist IV Requirements:
- Master’s Degree from an accredited institution with six-plus (6 ) years of experience in a related scientific discipline, OR Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution with 10 years of experience in a related field or equivalent experience in a related field
Requirements for both levels:
- Extensive hands-on experience with flow cytometry (minimum of 5 colors) including design, acquisition and analysis.
- Experience with multi-parameter FACS sorting preferentially on BD flow cytometers (LSRII, LSR Fortessa, Canto, Aria) is preferred.
- Experience with isolating and phenotyping primary immune cells using flow cytometry
- Experience with magnetic cell separation systems for the isolation and purification of cells from heterogeneous populations.
- Experience with immortalized and primary cell culture techniques is preferred.
- Experience with the design and implementation of cell-based assays is preferred.
- Experience with high-throughput flow-cytometry assay workflow is preferred.
- Thorough and demonstrated understanding of commercial flow cytometry software including Flow Jo and BD FACS Diva.
- Experience in use of Microsoft Office tools and GraphPad (Prism)
- Background knowledge of general biotherapeutics discovery processes, including lead generation, protein science, biophysical and biochemical characterization is preferred.
- Ability to work within a collaborative team environment, present and defend results to project and technical teams.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
Must be 18 years of age or older
Who We Are:
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health. Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to a person’s actual or perceived race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; citizenship status, marital status; gender, gender identity or expression; sexual orientation, mental, physical or intellectual disability, veteran status; pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law.