Lead the development, implementation, and communication of HEOR strategies and tactics for pre-launch and in-line product(s) to generate scientific evidence to support the product value proposition and optimize product reimbursement, formulary positioning, and utilization. Respond to the rapidly changing needs of the reimbursement environment. Craft and deploy innovative solutions to internal and external challenges.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate/Partner cross functionally to impact brand strategies, tactics and the development of US focused value propositions for specific products. Own the customer input process/IBP process.
- Lead the development of research plans, protocols and budgets, conducts analyses, and prepare drafts and final reports, abstracts, and manuscripts. Employs advanced technical expertise to design and perform health economic and outcome research projects/studies focusing on value, positioning, and unmet evidence needs of pipeline and/or newly launched product/s. Responsible for key aspects of effective project management, including selection of research partners, contract execution, budget management, protocol design, analytic plan development, oversight of data collection/acquisition, data analysis, and development of research findings into publications in alignment with brand strategies.
- Timely execution, dissemination, communication and implementation of product-specific US HEOR strategies and tactics in alignment with brand objectives.
- Collaborate and partner with the translational team in developing customer facing tools for HEOR field team that demonstrated the value of BI products
- Collaborate/ partner cross functionaly to ensure the incorporation of HEOR perspective/ value endpoints/ evidence requirements of US decision makers (e.g, payers) in clinical development programs.
- Will support Pricing/ Contracting in the development of value-based contracts with external customers
- Support the customer input process for identifying customer value evidence needs and alignment with brand strategy.
- Doctoral level research degree (ex, PhD, ScD) in a relevant discipline (health services research, epidemiology, health economics, decision sciences) from an accredited institution of public health, medicine, pharmacy, etc, is strongly preferred.
- In lieu of a doctoral level research degree, a doctoral level professional clinical degree (MD, DO, PharmD, etc) AND a Master’s degree OR other degree/certification combinations from an accredited insitution in a relevant discipline AND demonstrated capabilities in performing relevant research, as evidenced by research projects developed and executed.
- Pharmaceutical industry, strong scientific knowledge of therapeutic area, understand HEOR methodologies and how these impact and provide insights for our products. Must be able to conduct data analyses independently.
- Five (5) years relevant experience for Doctoral OR seven plus (7 ) years of relevant experience for Master/Clinical Degree or other degree certification of practical experience in conducting HEOR studies. Pre and post doc experience considered.
- Experience must also include demonstrated expertise in health services research, pharmacoeconomic analyses, patient-reported outcomes, prospective and retrospective observational research or pragmatic randomized trials.
- Strong methodological, quantitative and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical business including R&D, clinical and marketing, as well as a deep understanding of the health care environment and managed care and its impact on the industry.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability in participating and leading cross-functional teams.
- Strong communication skills are required in order to facilitate preparation and dissemination of research results to both technical and lay stakeholders, to enable participation in working teams, and to optimize interactions with a variety of US and international BI functions and engaging with external stakeholders.
- Strong Leadership skills for leading cross-functional teams focusing on HEOR work.
Must be legally
authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
Must be willing to
take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
Must be 18 years of
age or older
Who We Are:
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation
with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough
therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need
for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term
performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a
diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for
all employees is key because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more?
and join us in our effort to make more health.
Boehringer Ingelheim, including Boehringer Ingelheim
Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim USA, Boehringer Ingelheim Animal
Health USA Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health Puerto Rico LLC and
Boehringer Ingelheim Fremont, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative
action employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race;
color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; citizenship status,
marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; gender, gender identity or
expression; affectional or sexual orientation; pregnancy, childbirth or related
medical condition; physical or psychiatric disability; veteran or military
status; domestic violence victim status; genetic information (including the
refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by
applicable federal, state or local law.