Acts as lead compensation resource for assigned business functions at BI USA Corp. / BI Pharmaceutical Inc. and / or for significant compensation projects in line with BI's CoE approach. The Compensation Manager is responsible for job analysis & evaluations, salary surveys, annual salary review and bonus planning process, and other compensation projects to support HR Business Partners and line management. Manages compensation programs that provide a competitive level of pay and are consistent with BI's compensation philosophy, business needs, federal and state regulations and help to establish BI as an employer of choice.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage the overall job analysis & evaluation process for BI in the U.S., including level equity across all U.S. OPUs and business functions, ensure an aligned levelling process using Hay job evaluation methodology. Set guidelines to maintain an inventory of job profiles that is consistent across the U.S. OPUs.
- Responsible for all job analysis & evaluations within a selected group business functions. Working with HR Business Partners and line management to ensure in depth understanding of the jobs, accountability matrix and reporting relationships. Support creation of career paths.
- Perform salary surveys including managing submissions for participation in SIRS and other identified surveys.
- Work with client groups to coordinate job matching process and ensure accurate survey matches. Analyze salary survey results, present the analysis of overall pay competitiveness incl. compensation recommendations to HR Business Partners and line management.
- Manage the annual salary planning and bonus planning process, ensure accuracy, optimum level of automation, teamwork with all internal partners such as HR/IS, HR Direct, Payroll, compensation teams at other OPUs. Support HR Business Partner and line management during the process with training, guidance, reports and analysis to support an appropriate distribution of salary increases and bonus to achieve organizational goal of pay for performance.
- Prepare compensation analysis (internal equity and market analysis) and gather compensation market trends. Present findings to HR Business Partner and line management. Support the design of compensation systems to maintain competitiveness in line with BI's Corporate pay philosophy and provide compensation recommendations e.g. for new hires, promotions.
- Develop training and education tools to communicate applicable Compensation Philosophy and Compensation Guidelines to HR Business Partners, managers and employees.
- Manage compensation projects and topics as assigned in collaboration with external consultants, compensation managers, HR Business Partners from all BI OPUs in the U.S., global HR teams, IS and other HR CoEs. Projects include system enhancements, FLSA topics, job profile documentation, process harmonization, review of compensation guidelines and compensation communication.
- Bachelors degree and/ or Masters degree required with a focus in Economics or Finance preferred
- CCP and/ or PHR certificate preferred
- Individual must possess a strong business and / or financial background and strong analytical skills. Requires a minimum of 6 to 8 years progressive compensation experience as well as overall HR experience and comprehensive understanding of compensation practices, programs and plans. Knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations relating to compensation.
- Requires excellent knowledge of job analysis & evaluation methodologies (Hay) and grading programs, Microsoft Excel (also Powerpoint, Word and Office), SAP / HR IS knowledge.
- Ability to communicate (verbal / written)in a direct, concise manner, ability to interact with professionals at all levels, strong influencing ability.
- Excellent project management skills.
Desired Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Ideally, compensation management experience in pharmaceutical or biotech industry.
- Work experience with salary surveys for pharmaceutical industry.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
Must be 18 years of age or older
Who We Are:
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to a person’s actual or perceived race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; citizenship status, marital status; gender, gender identity or expression; sexual orientation, mental, physical or intellectual disability, veteran status; pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law.