Boehringer Ingelheim is currently seeking a talented and innovative Co-Op to join our IT M&S department located at our Ridgefield, CT facility. As a Co-Op you will support the IT-M&S Digital Health Innovation Team in the development of machine learning algorithms for the processing of unstructured textual information from medical content: publications, customer service logs, posters, etc. Learning how to Report and document any finding under regulatory guidelines is an important outcome of this internship.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Assist in the management of project(s)
· Learn data science topic, especially in the NLP discipline
· Apply these learning to support the development of machine learning algorithms for the analysis (of) and insight extraction from unstructured text
· Learn how to engage with business stakeholders for the collection of user requirements and run Design Thinking workshops
· As part of a development team, you will actively work on the development of A.I.-enhanced web applications in the medical field
Must be an Undergraduate, Graduate, or Professional Student in good academic standing.
Must have completed 12 credit hours within a related major and/or other related coursework.
Overall, cumulative GPA (from last completed quarter) must be at least 3.00 (on 4.0 scale) or better (No rounding up).
Major must be related to the field of internship.
Desired Experience, Skills and Abilities:
· Familiar with project management concepts and techniques. Knowledge of Agile Methodology is a plus.
· Understanding of data processing techniques for structured and unstructured data
· The ability to develop classification, clustering, and embedded space models on textual data
· Familiar with the concept of taxonomies (narrow/broader and equivalency relationships) is preferred
· Hands on experience with Python
· A good understanding of web application design & development
· An undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Information Systems is preferred
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
Must be 18 years of age or older
Who We Are:
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key because your growth is our growth. Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health. Boehringer Ingelheim, including Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim USA, Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health USA, Inc., Merial Barceloneta, LLC and Boehringer Ingelheim Fremont, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status, including protected veteran status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
including protected veteran status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
Boehringer Ingelheim is firmly committed to ensuring a safe, healthy, productive and efficient work environment for our employees, partners and customers. As part of that commitment, Boehringer Ingelheim conducts pre-employment verifications and drug screenings.