Timesheet/Travel Administrator - China Lake
Req Number: 9597
California - China Lake
JT4 provides engineering and technical support to multiple western test ranges for the U.S. Air Force and Navy under the Joint Range Technical Services Contract, better known as J-Tech II. We develop and maintain realistic integrated test and training environments, and prepare our nation's war-fighting aircraft, weapon's systems and air crews for today's missions and tomorrow's global challenges.
**This position is located at China Lake and is not eligible for telework**Job Summary -- Essential Functions/Duties
Under minimal supervision, an Administrative Assistant IV provides broad administrative support services on behalf of a business unit or department and may provide work direction to less experienced clerical personnel. The work product facilitates the work of others within the immediate organizational unit.
Employee will be responsible to perform the following functions/duties:
- Respond to inquiries using initiative and judgment based on in-depth knowledge of policies and procedures
- Issue and interpret operating procedures
- Perform administrative functions related to departmental operations, personnel and staffing, security, payroll, and general office management
- Maintain, gather, correlate, and analyze operating reports such as time and attendance records, terminations, new hires, transfers, records of performance, security, and other personnel data
- Prepare and/or assist in the development of budgets, forecasts, manpower planning, and related organizational data
- Schedule appointments, arrange travel plans, coordinate meetings, and prepare meeting materials
- Review and respond to correspondence and requests
- Screen, direct, and manage incoming telephone calls
- Act as a liaison for internal and external visitors
- Perform other job-related duties, as required.
Site Specific Requirements:
- Timesheet Administration: to include but not limited to weekly approvals, employee profile setup/management, reporting, timesheet review/correction/communication, financial data tracking/processing/reporting, training creation/presentation, analyze timesheet data for errors/trends/process improvement.
- Travel Administration: to include but not limited to review, correct, approve requests and reports, track travel lifecycle, process financial tracking for travel costs, verify travel authorizations, distribute employee checks, record management/retention, training creation/presentation, analyze travel data for errors/trends/process improvement.
Each employee must read, understand, and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality, and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures, and policies pertaining to their job.
Work is performed in a typical office environment. Some walking, stooping, bending, climbing stairs, stretching, and lifting (up to 25 pounds) is required for such purposes as gathering supplies.
Travel to remote company work locations may be required.
Requirements -- Education, Technical, and Work Experience
An associate's degree in business administration, management, a similar discipline, or equivalent combination of formal training and 7 or more years of experience in an administrative capacity are required for this position.
In addition, an Administrative Assistant IV must possess the following qualifications:
- Proficient in the use of the Internet, personal computers, word processing, spreadsheet and graphics/presentation software, and other commonly used electronic communication tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent planning/organizational skills.
A Little about Ridgecrest, CaliforniaThis position is based in Ridgecrest, California, in Kern County in the southern part of the Indian Wells Valley. Residents are attracted to area for its clean air, good water, highway accessibility, easy access to multiple recreational opportunities, and proximity to major Southern California resources in Los Angeles, Bakersfield, and the Antelope Valley.
Ridgecrest is a small, patriotic, family-oriented community, where many of the residents contribute to the vital support of the Navy mission at the nearby China Lake Ranges.
Residents live minutes away from community activities and parks, shopping, and the JT4 office. Community parks cover nearly a hundred acres and include playgrounds, a skateboard park, soccer, softball, baseball, and football fields, basketball, tennis, and racquetball courts. Residents enjoy a variety of community events held throughout the year at local city and county parks and cultural centers.
Surrounded by four mountain ranges, Ridgecrest is a hub of activity for outdoor enthusiasts, where residents regularly take advantage of Ridgecrest's close proximity to all the best California has to offer in outdoor activities at nearby national forests and wilderness areas including Yosemite, Mono Lake, Sequoia, Red Rock and Owens Peak. The sunny California beach is only three hours away.
Ridgecrest is near two major highways, the 395 and 14. The Ontario and Burbank Airports are a little over a two hour drive away. The drive to the Lancaster/Palmdale area is approximately an hour and a quarter.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by personnel assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of persons so classified.
Tasking is in support of a Federal Government Contract that requires U.S. citizenship. Some jobs may require a candidate to be eligible for a government security clearance, state-issued driver's license, or other licenses/certifications, and the inability to obtain and maintain the required clearance, license, or certification may affect an employee's ability to maintain employment.
SCC: JABO33; A4CLR