Systems Analyst Advisor - Mason, OH; Richmond, VA; Atlanta, GA
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it's a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we're creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
This opportunity is for a Business Systems Analyst and Data Domain Expert with experience in data warehousing, Big Data and Cloud. The role will focus on building extensive knowledge on healthcare data domain, support analysis, requirements and functional solutioning. You will serve as a liaison between the development team and the business customers for large data warehousing projects on Teradata, Hadoop and Cloud. You will work closely with developers and SME's in an Agile setting supporting the team across functions including testing. This position will require specific experience on data warehousing/foundational data in a health care setting.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborates with business, architecture and infrastructure and oversees all service levels to ensure business area satisfaction.
- Proactively works with stakeholders to identify future system opportunities and enhancements.
- Work as part of a core Agile team taking on roles of Product Owner, analyst or SME as per project needs.
- Creating Business Flow Diagrams working with Business Stakeholders and Business Analysts.
- Creating Technical Responses to Business Requirements and Functional Design Documents (BSDs).
- Supporting LOEs for multiple projects and small system change planning
- Working as a liaison between Business and Development Teams by conducting walkthrough of BSD and mapping documentation with Stakeholders for approval and signoff.
- Facilitating Model Discussions with Data Architect to update the data model as per the Business needs.
- Reviewing Technical Requirement and Detailed Design Documents.
- Identifying scope items across multiple releases based upon business critical functions.
- Coordinating the creation and maintenance of approvals and Lean IT documentation as required
- Guiding the team and ensuring that mapping standards and guidelines are followed.
- Organizing and Facilitating UAT and ensuring defects closure where required.
- Creating Project Closure documentation for Light-On support needs.
- Requires BA/BS in information systems or related field; 6 or more years related experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Specific experience on data warehousing (minimum 3 years) with an ability to develop/ execute complex SQL queries
- Experience with querying on Teradata, Oracle, Hadoop, AWS/ Cloud and related querying tools.
- Certifications preferred.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America's Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2018 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.