MYR Group Inc., one of the largest electrical contractors in the country, has an immediate opportunity for a Shop Mechanic based out of the Glen Allen, VA shop. We have a large variety of exciting equipment that you will get to work with, ranging from trucks to heavy dirt equipment and large aerial cranes. No two days are the same!
Why should you work for MYR Group? We have one of the most competitive benefits package in the industry. Our mechanics have access to the following: Extremely low premium medical insurance, free dental insurance, vision insurance, paid vacation & holidays, free company paid life insurance, 401k with a 6% company match, and much more!
Field Mechanic Duties:
- Perform preventative maintenance and repairs on company equipment.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems
- Ensure quick repairs without compromising quality of work to minimize equipment downtime
- Identify parts or machines that need new components or need to be replaced.
- Understand and comply with the Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and other industry-specific professional and ethical conduct standards, if applicable.
Shop Mechanic Skills/Qualifications:
- Valid CDL preferred, but not required
- Must have previous experience as a mechanic
- Experience working on construction equipment preferred
- Successful background, MVR, and federal drug screening
- Able to travel as necessary
- Welding skills: stick, mig, tig, and gas preferred
- Ability to use a wide range of personal hand tools
Complete work history or resume is a MUST to be considered for employment.
Apply at: www.myrgroup.com. If you require an accommodation to complete the online application, please call our Employment Hotline at 1-855-635-1321.
MYR Group Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.