SAIC® is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.. SAIC has approximately 23,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
About the SAIC MSI Program
Science Applications International Corp. (NYSE: SAIC) has been awarded a $165 million contract by the Commonwealth of Virginia to serve as a multisourcing service integrator (MSI). Under the contract, SAIC will provide an innovative approach to assist the Virginia Information Technologies Agency (VITA) with modernizing the state's technology infrastructure. Under the contract, SAIC will coordinate and monitor multiple IT infrastructure services suppliers for state executive branch agencies. The MSI is the cornerstone of a strategy that will diversify the state's portfolio of suppliers, improve service delivery quality, ensure cost-competitiveness, and provide transparency and accountability into the commonwealth's service delivery platform.
SAIC is seeking a ServiceNow Senior Develoepr to join our team supporting a major state & local government customer. The ServiceNow Senior Developer reports to the Platform Operations Manager, and is responsible for supporting the implementation of ServiceNow enhancements to IT Service Management functions for a large infrastructure support program. Essential duties of this position include:
- Agile Development of enhancements and defects for ServiceNow implementation
- Scoping stories and providing development support to junior team members
- Workflow design, management and orchestration between tools and groups
The ServiceNow Senior Developer will have the opportunity to solve complex problems, design user-friendly interfaces, and optimize processes through automation. This position offers the chance to improve the speed, efficiency, and usability of IT services. The ServiceNow Senior Developer will also play a key role in representing current and future capabilities of supporting ITSM tools, and contributing to long-term strategy as well as tactical activities leading to the continual improvement of the environment to meet objectives.
Background / Experience
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in ServiceNow deployment, design, architecture, and operations including customer portal, Service Asset and Configuration Management (SACM), Project Portfolio Management, Service Mapping, Knowledge Management, and integrations with 3rd parties and tools.
Other key attributes include:
- Excellent communicator and collaborator, capable of working independently and in small groups of developers.
- Ability to lead / assist with formulation and definition of solution scope and objectives while working with a team of Developers / Analysts on functional requirements and specifications.
- Ability to use Object Oriented Design and Unit Testing / Test Driven Development techniques to design, code, test, debug, and document the automation services.
- Independently performs and assists other team members in providing ongoing system maintenance, research, problem resolution, and on-call support tasks for existing systems.
- Conducts investigations of considerable complexity.
- Able to provide guidance and training to less-experienced programmer/analysts.
- With limited direction, supports the implementation of systems into production.
- Researches emerging technologies to determine impact on existing services and identify improvement opportunities.
- Experience with agile software lifecycle processes; version control methodologies and tools
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more of related experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more of related experience; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more of related experience.
- ITIL certification preferred (Foundation or above)
- Must have at least 5 years of direct ServiceNow Developer experience
- Strong skills with: MS Office products and Microsoft SharePoint
- Experience with the following:
- SOAP & REST Web Services
- UI/UX design
- Angular JS