Richmond BMW Now Seeking Technicians to add to our Growing Team!
As a BMW Service Technician you will have the opportunity to make a positive impact on our business and in the lives of team members and customers every day. We are looking for skilled, motivated, customer-focused individuals who will help us redefine the auto repair experience.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
BMW Service Technicians work in our state-of-the-art facilities to continuously expand on BMW technology and best practices for repair of these “technologically brilliant“ vehicles. They have the responsibility of understanding and completing routine work necessary for the repair of customer vehicles to ensure customer satisfaction. This individual will perform general repairs and diagnosis with some assistance including, but not limited to light engine work, transmissions, clutches, drive shafts, electrical systems (starters and alternators), HVAC systems, steering & suspension systems.
- Previous automotive technician experience required
- BMW certifications (Level 1, 2, 3, or 4) preferred
- A degree in Automotive Technology or BMW STEP program strongly preferred
- Previous European automotive technician experience is a plus
- Make accurate use of the multi-point inspection form on each vehicle
- Document all work performed and recommended on assigned repair order
- Communicate with service advisor when additional work is needed or if repairs cannot be completed within the promised time
- Maintain technician proficiency as specified by Asbury standards
- Conduct road tests as required for BMW factory certifications and standards
- Perform all levels of diagnosis and repair on vehicles
- Perform all levels of preventive/routine maintenance services
- Maintain active OEM BMW certifications
- Attend BMW factory sponsored training classes to continuously expand your knowledge of new technology
- Maintain manufacturer (CSI) Customer Satisfaction Index at or above the Asbury specified goal(s) in service for district, regional and national scores
- Complete the work, notations and time-keeping necessary to the successful completion of warranty repair orders and the filing of warranty claims
- Report to management any situation or condition that would jeopardize the safety, welfare, or integrity of the dealership, its customers or employees
- Take care to ensure that customer's vehicles are returned to them as clean as they were prior to being serviced
- Understand and complete required training for compliance with federal, state, and local regulations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know, etc.
- Comply with all federal, state and local laws, as well as company policy, regarding safeguarding all customer vehicles, property and information
- Must have basic tools
- Must have great technical and mechanical skills
- Must be a team player and have the ability to work repetitively on complex tasks
- Must be a minimum of eighteen years of age
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must be able to pass pre-employment screening (background & drug test)
In order for you to be your best for our customers, you have to be healthy, financially-secure and continue to develop your skills and expand your knowledge. We are committed to helping you achieve these goals through our competitive benefits and perks program!
- Competitive weekly pay
- 401k plan with company match
- Health care – medical, dental and vision insurance plans
- ZERO-COST medical premium for base HDHP option for team member only coverage (select roles eligible and job tenure applies: A&B Technicians, Body Shop Technicians, Internal Technician, Body Shop Mechanical Tech's, Painters, Shop Foreman, Sales Consultants, Service Advisors and Body Shop Estimators.)
- Tax-free flexible spending accounts
- Life Insurance ($30,000 complimentary), short-term and long-term disability plans
- Paid holidays and PTO (up to 28 days depending on length of employment service and position)
- Stock Equity Grant program for high performance (select front-line team members eligible!)
- Employee discounts on service and cars
- Up to 8 weeks paid pregnancy disability leave program
- Career Path tool to assist in career development
- Scholarship program for employees, their parents, and their dependents
- Opportunities to join our community service initiatives
- Recognition program with opportunity to earn credit on Amazon.com
- Employee referral program with bonus opportunities
Why Asbury? Asbury offers the advantages only a major dealer group can. With more than 25,000 available vehicles in stock to sell, 500+ cars sold and 4,500+ vehicles serviced daily, 8,000 team members and 8 million customers, we are one of the largest Fortune 500 franchised auto retailers in the United States. Asbury operates more than 80 dealerships across the country-- which means there are plenty of opportunities for career growth and development. Our competitive pay and benefits, training opportunities, and recognition programs make Asbury an industry leader. To find out more, visit us at: www.asburycareers.com.