Senior User Experience Manager
Requisition # 261874
The mission of the Federal Reserve System is to foster the stability, integrity, and efficiency of the nation's monetary, financial, and payments systems to promote optimal economic performance. Within this broad context the vital mission of the National IT Services is to deliver superior value to our customers through world-class IT services and solutions that are responsive to business needs, adaptive to change, and essential to the mission of the Federal Reserve System.
The Sr. User Experience (UX) Manager is part of the National IT organization that provides collaboration, endpoint and mobility solutions to the Federal Reserve System workforce. This role reports to the Vice President of Experience Team (User Experience, Technology Adoption and Communications). As a leader of a team of user advocates and change agents, the Sr. UX Manager is responsible for the Voice of the User (VOU) program and experience strategy for end user productivity, collaboration and mobility solutions. This role will be critical in advancing user-centered methodologies in order to translate insights into cohesive end-to-end experiences that optimize the workforce productivity and collaboration experience. The manager will also be responsible for people leadership activities such as professional development, hiring and performance management.
- Provides senior level leadership to staff and management, and orchestrates team efforts to meet critical business objectives around optimizing the end user experience; taking into account productivity, collaboration and mobility solutions, endpoint devices and end user services. Establishes vision and strategy for the User Experience Team, and identifies the necessary underlying tactical plans required to accomplish the related objectives.
- Partners closely with Strategy and Architecture, Product teams, Communications, Technology Adoption and Operations to drive a user-centered process across the End User Services organization. Collaborates with IT and business partners ensure that the end user experience takes technology and business requirements into consideration.
- Advances and coordinates a variety of user-centered design activities to guide a cohesive experience: discovery, research, personas and journey maps and measurement strategies. Leverages the activities to identify and advocate changes in technology, communications, training and/or operations with focus to improve the effectiveness, ease of use and enjoy-ability of end user experiences.
- Manages the Voice of the User (VOU) program to gather end user insights and elicit feedback that can be translated into optimized experiences. Ensures qualitative and quantitative methodologies are included.
- Provides guidance and counsel to Department Officers on divisional strategies and organization, leadership, and staff performance matters. Provides coaching, guidance and assistance to staff and managers. Responsible for ensuring staff development and is a key participant in management activities. Areas of activity include talent management through proper succession planning programs, training and development programs to help position staff for success, and more significant responsibilities to enhance employee knowledge and understanding of the Federal Reserve System, National IT, and FRIT. Ensures successful and consistent completion of all personnel actions (i.e., hiring, terminations, promotions, performance appraisal, and training).
- Oversees department's resource management process with Department Officers. Executes projects and process improvements to effectively identify potential cost-saving opportunities, resolve resource constraints, and support business activities through ensuring objectives, goals and client needs are met.
- Key participant and leader on various cross-functional team initiatives. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge: Subject matter expert in functional area and ability to apply knowledge in effectively planning and directing activities and interpret / administer policies, regulations, reports, procedures and develop complex operating and project plans. Ability to effectively align day-to-day activities and processes of the team with high priority objectives and ongoing commitments.
- Leadership: Demonstrated senior managerial and motivational skills to supervise staff, direct activities of assigned unit(s), direct, participate in and implement large, highly complex operating or business plans, orchestrate team efforts to provide high quality deliverables, meet department objectives and make strategic and notable contributions in attainment of goals. Ability to empower staff to resolve issues and position themselves for success through training, experience, and responsibilities.
- Communications: Excellent organizational and communication skills, creativity, attention to detail (compliance), and negotiation skills to interpret results, develop communications and recommend improvements. Able to present information within all settings in a credible, confident and influential manner. Communicates in a concise, direct and purposeful way. Excellent customer service skills and demonstrated ability to interact with anticipated audiences in a courteous, service-oriented manner.
- Collaboration: Highly collaborative with ability to lead across diverse audiences to influence decisions that improve the user experience.
- Risk Management: [The individual] is responsible for understanding and applying risk management discipline to ensure appropriate controls and risk management throughout area of responsibility.
- Decision Making: Works independently on broad assignments or under general directions as to scope or objectives. Responsible for planning and performance with no guidance or assistance on professional aspects of work except under unusual circumstances. Schedules daily work and provides direction to assigned staff, trains and evaluates performance. Makes recommendations on hiring decisions and salary administrations and disciplinary actions. Develops operating plans and priorities that will be reviewed by officers and executed by direct reports.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience with ten plus years of relevant work experience in customer experience (CX), user experience (UX), product management or related area.
Three plus years of supervisory/management experience.
- Salary offered will be based on the job responsibilities and the individual's knowledge, skills and experience as defined in the job description
- Selected candidate subject to special background investigation procedures
- Candidates should review the FRB Employee Code of Conduct to ensure compliance with issues related to previous employment and prohibited financial interest. The Code is available on the About Us Careers webpage at www.richmondfed.org.
- Sponsorship is not available for this position.