West Creek 8 (12080), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Software Engineer - Card Technology
Our Card Technology team is hiring experienced Software Engineers in Richmond. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a fast paced team focusing on Capital One's Walmart Rewards program. Come join us on this journey!
Do you want to work for a tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products? We experiment and innovate leveraging the latest technologies, engineer breakthrough customer experiences, and bring simplicity and humanity to banking. We make a difference for 65 million customers.
At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We want you to be curious and ask “what if?“ Capital One started as an information strategy company that specialized in credit cards, and we have become one of the most impactful and disruptive players in the industry. We have grown to see ourselves as a technology company in consumer finance, with great opportunities for software engineers who want to build innovative applications to give users smarter ways to save, transact, borrow and invest their money, as we seek to disrupt the industry again.
The person we are looking for will:
- get a bit excited about what they read about above
- have a sense of intellectual curiosity and a passion for learning
- be self-driven, actively looks for ways to contribute, and knows how to get things done
- possess good communication and reasoning skills, including the ability to make a strong case for technology choices
- continuously improve software engineering practices; leading the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- help identify risks/impediments, escalate issues, bring transparency to deliverables and ensure Agile delivery
- encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, and self-organization
What you can expect to work on here: Object-Oriented Languages (TypeScript, Java, C# and Go), Cloud-Based Technologies (AWS, DevOps and Serverless), Front End Frameworks (Angular, React, Node.js), Cutting Edge Data Tools (Python, Spark, Machine Learning) and Next Generation technologies.
- Write, design, code, test, implement, debug, and validate applications; document design decisions and develop modular software components; monitor system performance metrics, and identify potential risks/issues.
- Collaborate in an Agile scrum team with product owners and fellow software engineers to deliver upon most important business and technical priorities.
- Provide active mentorship/guidance to fellow members of the agile tech team and participate in internal and external technology conference & communities.
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 5 years of experience in software development
- Master's Degree
- 7+ years of experience in software development
- 5+ years of experience in Agile practices
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.