West Creek 1 (12071), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Scrum Master, Manager
In the Scrum Master role, you will serve as a leader for your team(s) by ensuring clear communication and helping the team reach its goal. The Scrum Master will drive the appropriate Agile methodology focused on predictable, quality delivery and driving continuous improvement of the team. The Scrum Master will also facilitate team productivity by removing impediments that may obstruct the pursuit of the team's goals and by preserving flexibility and ability to rapidly respond to changes on the team.
As a Scrum Master you will be working with passionate leaders, developers, designers and product owners to deliver results that have a direct impact on the company's bottom line. You will be empowered to build high performing scrum teams in order to deliver exceptional software solutions which delight users and at the same time meet Capital One's high quality standards.
- Serves as Scrum Master for one or more teams
- Integrates Agile & Lean principles into team practices and work products
- Ensures team maintains focus on quality and continuous delivery
- Acts as an agile mentor/coach to other Scrum Masters
- Proactively identifies impediments and appropriately resolves using network of peers and formal channels, including escalation if required
- Facilitates teamwork and continuous improvement of the team's agile and engineering practices
- Introduces new and advanced practices to improve the team and their delivery
- Demonstrates ability to balance data with other factors when making decisions
- Understands domain architecture and upstream/downstream dependencies
- Stay current on domain architecture targets to support the team in risk management
- Utilizes team feedback and metrics (quality, delivery rate, etc.) to identify areas of opportunity and works with team to continuously improve
- Coaches the team to improve collaboration and self-organization
- At least 6 years of Agile experience
- At least 3 years of experience as a Scrum Master for software development teams
- Bachelor's Degree
- 6+ years of Agile experience
- 3+ years of experience as a Scrum Master for software development teams
- Scrum Alliance CSM or CSP certification, or PMI's Agile Certified Professional (ACP)
- PMP, Lean, Agile or Six Sigma certification
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position