Resident Services Coordinator
RESIDENT SERVICES COORDINATOR
HIRING RANGE: $36,000 - $42,300
Richmond Redevelopment and Housing Authority (RRHA) is the largest housing authority in the Commonwealth of Virginia. RRHA serves nearly 18,000 community members combined in nearly 4,100 public housing units and more than 3,000 families through the Housing Choice Voucher Program (Section 8). RRHA also manages neighborhood redevelopment and conservation programs throughout the City of Richmond.
This position is responsible for the performance of professional social work involving the identification of social, health, educational, and training needs of public housing community members. Sample duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Supports efforts that enhance the quality of life of public housing community members and build healthy communities through active participation and collaboration with onsite management, neighborhood agencies and community members.
- Welcomes new residents and explains appropriate and available community resources, programs and services.
- Coordinates with community service organizations, agencies, and established partners to develop programs and resource linkages to address the needs of residents.
- Provides intensive case management services to public housing community members.
- Conducts assessments to identify needs and formulates individual/family service plans and goals.
- Makes referrals to internal and external programs and service providers.
- Coordinates jobs skills training, employability, career development and continued education programs for public housing community members.
- Maintains contact with referral partners to ascertain resident’s progress, support completion of services/goals, and acquire data for reporting purposes.
- Encourages resident involvement in the decision-making process and in the planning and development of services and activities to promote the resident’s independence and self-sufficiency.
- Develops and maintains detailed correspondence and case management files to ensure effective delivery of services in accordance with HUD and RRHA policies and procedures.
- Prepares and presents formal reports and presentations to residents, RRHA staff, and stakeholders.
- Attends community member and organization meetings as required.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
(The following requirements may be used to evaluate applicants for employment. When applicable, equivalent substitution will be allowed for differences in experience and education.)
- Bachelor’s degree in sociology, counseling, behavioral science, education or related field; or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two or more years of experience in social work, human services, or education.
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications to develop and present information.
- One or more years of publi