Overview: The Quality Engineer is responsible for implementing and maintaining the Quality Management System, networking with the Contract Administrators/Quality Specialists to establish and publish appropriate quality performance metrics, analyze performance and recommend improvement programs related to products, processes, and procedures. The Quality Engineer works closely with the business, Customers, Technical, Product Management, Supply Chain, Contract Administrators and Contract Manufacturers to implement continuous improvement projects, with primary focus in North America and Latin America regions.
- Coordinates quality objectives across the business, including customer, supplier, regulatory authority and internal interfaces, such as Contract Manufacturing, Technical, Engineering, and Product Stewardship. Leads routine Quality performance reviews with the business.
- Responsible for quality management systems, customer satisfaction, quality certifications, training, quality audits, metrics, corrective, and preventive action.
- Promotes a quality culture within the organization and manufacturing operations that link to the business strategy, and global quality policy.
- Define Quality training requirements for quality engineers, and contract administrators/quality specialists.
- Administer training in support of Technical, Engineering, and Contract Operations.
Quality Management System
- Assures that an appropriate quality management system is maintained in accordance with business, regulatory and customer needs.
- Maintain and lead DPP NA ISO certification process.
Continuous Improvement and Customer Satisfaction
- Understands and reviews customer requirements, partnering in the best interest of DuPont and customers, supports processes to ensure customer needs are met, and ensures good data is obtained.
- Coordinate with Customer Service, Sales, and Technical Marketing, as needed to ensure adequate customer complaint resolution and response. Coordinate cross-functional investigation teams to manage complaint responses / customer perception and to assure timely root cause understanding of investigations and closure with the customer.
- Lead ISO 9001 audit schedule for contract manufacturing facilities per risk-based assessment.
- Complaint Coordinator for DPP North America.
- Drive quality continuous improvements using key performance indicators as agreed with business leadership to improve quality performance
- Knowledge and execution of business processes and systems (QMS, PDM, EDMS, SFDC, PIMS, MOC, PSR, SAP/DPX, etc)
- BS/BA degree in Science or Engineering
- 5 years relevant experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a quality management role, knowledge of quality management systems and manufacturing/plant operations. Knowledge of QMS tools such as RFCA, AQL, and SPC. Strong written and oral communication, analytical, team building skills, and business process management. Prior experience with Quality Management Systems such as ISO 9001 and auditing.
- 10 years of experience
- ASQ Quality Engineer
- Six Sigma Green Belt, Black Belt and/or certified Lean Practitioner
- Certified ISO Lead Auditor
- Regulatory experience with applicable certifications (NFPA, Oeko-tex, ISO13485, ISO11137)