Title: Network Administrator
Div/Dept: Information Technology
Reporting Relationship: Manager, IT Infrastructure
Responsible for providing technical support to the LAN, WAN, server platforms, all supporting infrastructure and the voice and data communications needs of headquarters and remote offices.
- Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures, and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Develops and maintains the network infrastructure
- Manages and maintains systems to eliminate problems and make improvements
- Implements and uses tools in support of network security
- Uses knowledge of LAN systems to help plan and install internal and external networks.
- Manage 135 virtual machines.
- Manage LUN allocation and maintenance.
- Provides support and expertise for the VOIP infrastructure
- Assist with backup and restore strategies
- Troubleshooting and configuration of Cloud Services including Microsoft Office 365, Active Directory Federation Services
- Create and maintain network documentation
- Assists with disaster recovery strategies
- Some support of applications.
- 4+ years of network/communications experience
- Knowledge of standard concepts, practices and procedures of network administration
- A strong working knowledge of Windows operating systems at the server and desktop level is required
- Experience supporting Active Directory and Exchange.
- Experience with network hardware: routers, switches and Firewalls.
- Experience with virtualization
- Experience with storage NAS or SAN
- Experience with Load Balancers
- Creativity and the ability to grasp new technologies quickly are essential
- Must have strong inter-personal skills and the ability to train and share knowledge.
- Must be able to take part in an on-call rotation and able to work after hours and weekends as required.
Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or equivalent relevant work experience. Certifications are a plus but demonstrated technical skills would be sufficient.
ChildFund International is committed to safeguarding the interests, rights, and well-being of children with whom it is in contact and to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for children.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
NOTE: All interested applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. at the time of application.