Maintenance Tech III
Maintenance Technician III (L4)
About Maintenance at Amazon
Operations is at the heart of Amazon’s business. We are known for our speed, accuracy, and exceptional service. Our buildings deliver tens of thousands of products to hundreds of countries worldwide, every day. Reliability Maintenance
& Engineering (RME) are the business partners that work tirelessly behind the scenes to make it all happen. We drive continuous improvement, and maintain all of the Material Handling Equipment (MHE) to ensure our customers are met with the Amazon smile. Come join us, on our journey!
About the Role
As a Maintenance Technician III, you will lead service technicians on the team in the installation and repair of automated packaging and distribution equipment. You will support the Operations Maintenance team by designing solutions for difficult problems and managing projects. You will help train, and mentor service technicians and contract technicians.
What Do We Offer?
Amazon offers competitive compensation packages including comprehensive healthcare benefits starting on Day 1, matching 401(k) program, and up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave. But wait, there is more: We provide lightweight fire resistant daily wear and composite toe safety shoes for your safety!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
· Promote a safe working environment by following all safety procedures
· Maintain and troubleshoot all conveyor systems in the building’ Lead and audit preventative maintenance procedures.
· Install, maintain, and troubleshoot relay logic, ladder diagrams, control components, photo-eyes, motor starters, limit switches, proximity sensors, solenoids, etc.
· Create and close out work orders with data including labor hours, equipment maintenance and parts used Maintain a positive working relationships across all of the Amazon Operations facility
· Develop training plans for service technicians
· Develop work plans for emergency repair of critical assets
· Move up to 49lbs as well as stand and walk during shifts lasting up to 12 hours, with or without reasonable accommodation
· High school diploma or equivalent diploma
· Ability to work flexible schedules/shifts/areas, including weekends, nights, and/or holidays 1 year of experience in PC competency to include: Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
· Associates or higher degree from a vocational school or college with a focus in the Mechanical or Electrical field 5+ years of experience working with automated conveyors and controls
· 5+ years of experience with electrical and electronic principles, National Electrical Code (NEC), and industrial electronics
· 5+ years of experience conducting preventative maintenance 5 + years of experience reading blueprints and schematics
· 5 + years of experience with Programmable Logic Controls (PLC) programs 3+ years of work order management
· 4+ years apprenticeship or equivalent experience in the Mechanical or Electrical field Previous leadership experience
· Previous vendor management experience Experience with robotic maintenance
· Experience with Material Handling Equipment (MHE) safety standards accordance with Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and Safety standards
· Experience with a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us