At this time, we are seeking a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to join our team!
- Institutes appropriate nursing intervention which might be required to stabilize a resident's condition and/or prevent complication.
- Makes daily resident rounds to interview physical and emotional status and to implement any required nursing interventions.
- Responds to resident and family concerns and ensures that each concern is documented and a resolution is initiated or communicated to appropriate staff.
- Coordinates admission, discharge and transfer of residents.
- Obtains report from nurse he or she is relieving, provides report to nurse coming on duty and keeps the charge nurse or others (as appropriate) informed about the status of residents and related matters.
- Prepares, administer and documents medications following accepted practices.
- Consults with licensed or registered nurse, physician or licensed independent practitioner.
- Clarifies any order or treatment regimen believed to be inaccurate, ineffective or contraindicated by consulting with the appropriate licensed practitioner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current Licensed L.P.N., preferably with experience in long-term care of geriatric nursing.
- 2-4 Years of experience required.
- Current CPR certification and additional certification in nursing specialty desired.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables.