Countryway Insurance, a Virginia Farm Bureau Company, is seeking an experienced Casualty Claims Representative to join our Claims Department in Richmond, Virginia. This is a temporary position and is responsible for the investigation, evaluation and negotiation of casualty claims in the core states of New York, Pennsylvania, Maine and Kentucky ensuring they are resolved in a prompt, fair, courteous and professional manner.
- Investigate all losses assigned.
- Comply with company policies and procedures in the handling of all losses and other company matters.
- Report all activity on all claim files to the company promptly.
- Prioritize First Contact Settlement Communications with Claimants
- Promptly reply to all complaints as requested.
- Advise Underwriting Department on all poor risks
- General knowledge of the traffic code
- Knowledge of tort laws affecting civil cases
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proven customer service skills
- Strong investigation and settlement skills
- Excellent attention to detail and time management
- Able to multi-task, prioritize and organize with limited supervision
- Ability to build rapport quickly
- Associates degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 2 years equivalent/applicable prior insurance claims experience
- Completion of AIC, CPCU or SCLA designation within 3 years of start date
Virginia Farm Bureau has a superior reputation for taking care of our employees, our members, and the local communities we serve. We offer a team oriented work environment, on-site gym, cafeteria and more! For more information about the position or our Company, visit us online at