Foster Care Parent Trainer - First Home Care - Richmond, VA
We are an established Therapeutic Foster Care agency whose opportunity for growth potential is waiting just for you. If you are ready to play a pivotal role in your community to assist children in need, this is the job for you!
First Home Care has been a leader in the Foster Care field for 30 years. During that time, we have worked diligently in recruiting qualified staff and foster parents to meet the needs of the children and families we have been entrusted with. We are focused on providing quality individualized services while recognizing the diversity in our families, staff and interventions.
Our approach to professional training is unmatched. We launched the First Home Care Professional Learning Academy in 2020 to provide an internal structured program that will strengthen those skills that each employee needs to improve. It will also provide an opportunity to build a foundation for organizational direction, establish professional expectations and deliver cutting-edge practice response to the ever-growing population of kids needing services.
We believe in providing upward mobility and professional growth while ensuring that our staff attend to their personal care needs as well.
First Home Care is seeking an experienced full time Therapeutic Foster Care Parent Trainer that can join our Tidewater, VA team to fulfill the following job requirements:
- Recruitment, orientation, training, approval and maintaining compliance of therapeutic/foster/adoptive homes.
- Provide ongoing support and consultation to therapeutic foster care/adoptive parents, to the families of children and adolescents receiving services and other members of the treatment team.
Why Should You Apply?
- Competitive Pay starting at $45,000!
- Mileage reimbursement, cell phone allowance, and laptop.
- Free licensure supervision for full time employees.
- Flexible schedule opportunities.
- Internship opportunities available.
- If you want to be a part of an agency that has 30 years of stellar experience in the therapeutic foster care field working with children and families.
- If you want to be associated with an agency that is proud to be COA accredited and has a working affiliation with FFTA and VALCPA.
- If you want to be a part of a team that is culturally diverse and committed to excellence.
- Bachelor's degree in social work or a field related to social work including, but not limited to, sociology, psychology, special education or counseling.
- One year of experience in providing casework services to children and families.
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
Health Connect America and its companies are a multi-state, community mental health, behavioral health, family preservation, and therapeutic foster care services provider(s). It is the mission of Health Connect America to create quality, affordable opportunities for individuals and families to achieve their greatest potential in a safe, positive living environment.
We encourage wellness for our staff by offering competitive compensation and benefits to our full-time team members including medical, vision/dental, 401K, Health Savings Account with company contribution, and paid time off. We also offer an Employee Assistance Program including 8 counseling sessions per year to promote emotional wellbeing.
Health Connect America and its companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.