Continuity and Resilience Advisor
Location: Richmond, VA; Remote Employment Eligible
The Richmond Fed is the proud home of the Federal Reserve’s National IT organization—a nationwide team delivering technology solutions and support across the Federal Reserve System. Many National IT employees are located in Richmond, while others are based across the U.S. at other Federal locations.
When you join our team, you’ll become part of a culture that welcomes differences, cares about our communities, and empowers each other to lead from where we are to make things better.
Bring your passion and we’ll provide challenging and purposeful careers in a variety of fields, opportunities to grow and a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health and wealth. It’s all part of what makes #MyRichmondFed a great place to work!
About the Opportunity
Our National IT Office of the Chief Information Security Officer (OCISO) Continuity and Resilience Services team has an immediate opening for a Continuity and Resilience Advisor at the Experienced level, reporting to the Manager- Continuity and Resilience Services.
As a Continuity and Resilience Advisor, you will research and analyze information security data related to National IT’s enterprise business continuity and resilience program to identify issues, develop and execute recommended solutions, and provide consultation to clients, peers, and leaders. You will assist in designing, developing, and maintaining software systems using scientific analysis and mathematical models that will predict and measure outcomes and design consequences. You will enhance data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems, and process, clean, and verify the data used for analysis. You will also participate on cross functional teams to address Continuity and Resilience Services policy, risk, and compliance issues; and provide guidance in identifying, evaluating, and developing process improvements.
What You Will Do:
- Work in a team environment to gather and report on risk and resilience data.
- Automate data gathering techniques and use up-to-date data visualization used methods in reporting.
- Assist in the design and development of software systems using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcomes and design consequences. Experience in writing reusable, testable, and efficient code is a plus.
- Enhance data collection procedures and use machine learning techniques to select features and build and optimize classifiers.
- Process, clean, and verify data integrity. Perform complex analysis to provide guidance and collaboration in completing analysis, evaluating root causes, information or process mapping, and business alignment, and proactively search for and recommend solutions.
- Lead process improvement discussions and present outcomes to senior management.
- Develop new business processes and update of existing business processes.
- Participate on cross-functional team initiatives and process improvement projects.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field.
- 2 years of practical experience in the field of risk management, resilience management or business continuity.
- Knowledge and/or practical experience using assessment frameworks such as Cyber Resilience Review (CRR), Cyber Security Framework (CSF), CERT-RMM and other similar assessment frameworks.
- Understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, and a desire to improve your skillset as a developer of machine learning tools.
- Knowledge and practical experience with data visualization tools (Tableau, PowerBI, etc.).
- Ability to tailor communications to their appropriate audience and present information in a credible, confident, and influential manner. Communicates in a concise, direct, and purposeful way.
- Knowledge of OpenShift, OCP, Docker, AWS, Jenkins, git, SSL is preferred.
- Knowledge and practical experience with data manipulation, data classification, and data filtering.
- Ability to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system.
- Ability to create database schemas that represent and support business processes.
- Understanding of Git.
- Knowledge and practical experience using automation tools such as Python.
Discover the Reason Why So Many People Love It Here!
When you join Federal Reserve’s National IT organization, not only will you find a challenging and purposeful career, you’ll also have access to a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health and wealth, including:
- Great medical benefits
- Pension and 401(k) with employer match
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee resource networks
- Paid volunteer leave
- Flexible work options
- Onsite amenities that make working here fun!
Other Requirements and Considerations:
- Candidates should review the Bank’s Employee Code of Conduct to ensure compliance with conflict of interest rules and personal investment restrictions. The Code is available on the About Us, Careers webpage at www.richmondfed.org.
- Sponsorship is not available for this role. Selected candidate will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility for this specific position requires U.S. Citizenship.
- The Richmond, VA hiring range for the Continuity and Resilience Advisor (Advisor- IS- Experienced) is $98,100 - $123,600 annually.
- Salary offered will be based on the job responsibilities and the individual’s knowledge, skills, and experience as defined in the job qualifications/experience. For candidates not located in Richmond, VA, the salary range may be adjusted for your geographic location.
- Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Interested candidates are strongly encouraged to apply by March 1, 2021.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond provides equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, sex, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetic information.