ST. MARY'S HOSPITAL
Clinical Care Technician (CCT) supports and assists with patient care in a Bon Secours Medical Group Practice. This is an unlicensed care provider hybrid position which allows for expansion of clinical skills and participation with an RN preceptor, in the implementation of the nursing process for the qualified nursing student. The Clinical Care Technician may assist the RN with assessments and independently provide direct patient care consisting of hygiene care, preparation for tests, delegated patient care functions using technical skills of a limited uncomplicated nature.
The Critical Care Technician will be scheduled to work independently performing technician tasks or with an RN preceptor. The Critical Care Technician routinely serves a pediatric/adult/geriatric population
- This position requires the candidate to have served in the capacity of a medic, medical technician or corpsman in the armed services.
- Applied hands on patient care skills no longer than 6 months prior to beginning employment with BSMG.
- Supervising physician or assigned designee must deem CCT competent in skills prior to performing independently.
- Proficiency in basic computer skills, including the ability to maneuver within a Microsoft Windows environment.
- High School Education required
- Satisfactory completion of fundamentals of Nursing required. Ability to perform basic bedside nursing care