Title: Associate Research Scientist – Cell Lab
Division / Dept.: Immunochemistry
Location: Richmond, VA (Office Based)
Note: Full time, Benefits, Relocation Assistance Available
PPD is a leading global contract research organization providing comprehensive, integrated drug development, laboratory and lifecycle management services. At PPD, we are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our purpose- to improve health!
Envision a workplace where you have a direct impact on improving health, work alongside expert scientists, use newest technologies and collaborate with industry thought leaders and therapeutic experts. Welcome to PPD® Laboratories, where science is our passion, quality is our commitment and people are the cornerstone of our success.
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, andrecognizethe power of being one team.Weoffer continued career advancement opportunities, award winning training and benefits focused on the health and wellbeing of our employees.
To learn how PPD can advance your career, apply now!
Richmond BioA Labs Overview:
PPD LinkedIn Video Landing Page:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable 6 year) or equivalent combination of education, training, & experience.
- OR Masters degree and previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable 4 year)
- OR PhD and previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable 2 year)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- ***AAV cell-based NAb assays are a MUST***
- Independently performs analytical testing, method optimization/validation, and/or other specialty technologies studies OR method transfers for pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical compounds in a variety of formulations and/or delivery systems. Understands and conforms to methods, and protocols applicable to assigned tasks.
- Experience performing immunoassays, ELISA or similar testing
- Designs and executes experiments independently
- Reviews and critiques study protocols, project status reports, final study reports and other project-related technical documents
- Prepares and reviews study protocols, project status reports, final study reports and other project-related technical documents
- Communicates data and technical issues to clients as needed
- Leads analytical (procedural and instrumental) trouble shooting sessions
- Proven problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Proven ability in technical writing skills
- Time management and project management skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative work environment with a team
- Ability to train junior staff
PPD Benefits Overview:
PPD offers comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, pharmacy, employee assistance program, wellness program options and more.
Other benefits include:
- 401k with matching contributions, life insurance, long term and short term disability insurance, flexible medical and dependent care spending accounts.
- Work life balance programs including paid time off for vacation/sick time, paid holidays, floating holiday and vacation sell back program.
- Wellness benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness facility access or discount, health coaching and more.
- Education reimbursement and tuition assistance programs, professional development training, skills training, education loan repayment plan, dependent scholarship program and more.
- Employee appreciation events, service recognition awards, annual reviews, merit plans and bonus plans
- Community connections and activities including philanthropic engagement, volunteer service projects and more
- Other great options including pet insurance, legal and financial services plan, auto and home insurance discounts.
Below Is Listed The Working Environment/requirements For This Role
PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive.
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner
- Able to work upright and stationary and/or standing for typical working hours
- Able to lift and move objects up to 25 pounds
- Able to work in non-traditional work environments
- Able to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency
- May have exposure to potentially hazardous elements, including infectious agents, typically found in healthcare or laboratory environments
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities