Requisition # 261340
The mission of the Federal Reserve System (FRS) is to foster the stability, integrity, and efficiency of the nation's monetary, financial, and payments systems to promote optimal economic performance. Within this broad context the vital mission of National IT (NIT) is to deliver superior value to our customers through world-class IT services and solutions that are responsive to business needs, adaptive to change, and essential to the mission of the FRS.
Job Summary: Designs varying levels of complex frameworks to support system-wide technical and business architecture requirements. Defines processes for technical platforms, system specifications, and technical and business compatibility. Identifies, analyzes and resolves design weaknesses. Works with management in carrying out strategic initiatives focused on designing, planning, developing and synchronizing strategic technological directives and implementation recommendations. Advanced level position is recognized as an advanced contributor and subject matter expert in field.
- Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees and directs major, critical and emerging technology studies. Assesses merit and impact; designs, develops and establishes architecture standards.
- Oversees and directs architectural discussions for both a technical and management audience.
- Partners with our clients and other resources in detecting critical architectural and infrastructure gaps or deficiencies in the IT environment. Recommends and implements solutions for improvement.
- Recommends and implements changes to business information and technical architecture requirements.
- Initiates and oversees project development, system design/testing, requirement direction and investigation of alternatives for implementation of feasible new technology.
- Provides key consultative leadership on System projects focused on planning, development and implementation of strategic technological directives.
- Provides strategic foresight and long-term development planning for future technology impacting the Federal Reserve System.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge: Advanced knowledge pertaining to concepts and principles in functional area. General knowledge of department/business lines, Reserve Banks, and / or System operations, policies, procedures and technologies.
Communications: Excellent organizational and communication skills, creativity, attention to detail (compliance) and negotiation skills to interpret results, develop communications and recommend improvements. Able to present information within all settings in a credible, confident and influential manner. Communicates in a concise, direct and purposeful way. Excellent customer service skills and demonstrated ability to interact with anticipated audiences in a courteous, service-oriented manner.
Risk Management: [The individual] is responsible for understanding and applying risk management discipline in decision making and contributing to his or her function`s risk management.
Decision Making: Works independently on broad assignments or under general directions as to scope or objectives. Makes decisions within established or widely accepted standards. Achieves assigned/planned results by decisions and actions based on professional methods, training, business principles, and practical experience.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience/Master's Degree may be preferred with 10 years of relevant work experience.
- Other/Additional Requirements:
- Working Conditions: Will require the use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, etc.
- Physical Demands: Requires some degree of sitting (for prolonged periods of time), standing, lifting carrying, pushing, pulling more than 20 lbs.
- Hours of Work: May require extended work hours. Occasional travel including overnight stays may be necessary. May be subject to on-call and call back as needed. May be exposed to moderate noise from equipment.
- The Richmond, VA, 2019 hiring range for the Architect- Advanced is $125,400 – $156,700, annually.
- The Richmond, VA, 2019 market range Architect- Advanced is $125,400 – $203,700, annually.
- Candidate should review the FRB Employee Code of Conduct to ensure compliance with issues related to previous employment and prohibited financial interests.
- The selected candidate will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship is required.
- The deadline to apply for this opening is 5:00 PM EST on
- Denotes essential duties and/or any physical requirements required to perform essential duties for the role.