Information Security Architect
Office of the Chief Information Security Officer (OCISO)
Requisition # 261340
The mission of the Federal Reserve System (FRS) is to foster the stability, integrity, and efficiency of the nation's monetary, financial, and payments systems to promote optimal economic performance. Within this broad context the vital mission of National IT (NIT) is to deliver superior value to our customers through world-class IT services and solutions that are responsive to business needs, adaptive to change, and essential to the mission of the FRS.
The Office of the Chief Information Security Officer (OCISO) has an immediate opening for an Information Security Architect at the Advanced level. The Information Security Architect reports to the VP of Security Architecture and is recognized as an advanced contributor and expert in the field of information security architecture.
In his role you will design varying levels of complex frameworks to support system-wide technical and business architecture requirements they pertain to cyber security. You will define processes for technical platforms, system specifications, and technical and business compatibilities; and identify, analyze, and resolve design weaknesses. You will work with management to accomplish strategic security initiatives focused on designing, planning, developing, and synchronizing strategic technological directives and implementation recommendations.
The preferred locations of the Cloud Security Architect are in Richmond, VA; Baltimore, MD; Charlotte, NC; East Rutherford, NJ; and Dallas, TX. Role is eligible for remote/telework employment*
- Participate in architectural discussions with technical and management audiences while partnering with clients and other resources in detecting critical architectural gaps in the systems infrastructure. Develop solutions to close these gaps, based on architectural principals and best practices.
- Communicate complex security architectural concepts and principals to technical and non-technical audiences. Work with customers and FRS information security service providers and forums to develop meaningful technical architectures that support and align with business lines, system capabilities, and technology strategies, roadmaps, and goals.
- Build bi-directional relationships and partnerships with customers and FRS IT service providers, application developers, and architects throughout the system by providing specialized expertise on complex security technology issues. Educate senior management on security architecture direction and strategies and practical application to the system.
- Create effective solutions to problems of unusual complexity requiring high degree of innovation. Helps set strategic security technology direction and influences enterprise-wide planning. Research and identify information security best practice methods and emerging technologies, assessing potential value to the organization.
- Design, develop, and establish information security architecture standards with accompanying documentations, including checklists and quick guides that are consumable and usable system wide.
- Support change and identify major areas of technology infrastructure development, and anticipate future information security requirements for the Federal Reserve System.
- Provide input into complex policy interpretations or resolutions of highly sensitive/critical problems requiring high level of discretion, tact, and persuasion.
- Help develop strategic plans, technology roadmaps and solution designs.
- Direct critical and emerging technology studies that could have impacts system wide.
- Provide input and security direction for designs, information security capabilities, and strategic technology alternatives.
- Occasional travel including overnight stays may be necessary.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience/Master's Degree preferred.
- 10 years of relevant work experience.
- ISC2 CISSP and Cloud Security certifications are preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Advanced knowledge of concepts and principles in information security functional areas such as cloud security, firewalls and security mediation services, identity and access management, industry standard security frameworks, security controls and compliance frameworks.
- Ability to communicate in a concise, direct and purposeful way; and present information within all settings in a credible and influential manner. Demonstrated ability to work with anticipated audiences in a service-oriented manner.
- Proven record of successfully driving change and performance, and executing plans within a defined multifaceted structure.
- Research industry future trends to recommend supportable strategic direction and identify tactical needs.
- Ability to translate complex technical concepts to help customers understand their technological needs.
- Ability to build consensus and followership with business line owners, drive change, and firmly advance solid solutions, while maintaining flexibility and adaptability.
- Candidate should review the FRB Employee Code of Conduct to ensure compliance with issues related to previous employment and prohibited financial interests.
- The selected candidate will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Remote/Telework Employee must be located within 2 hours of a FRS Bank location and reside in one of states eligible for remote employment. FRB Richmond employment eligible states are: Colorado; Georgia; Illinois; Kansas; Maryland; Massachusetts; Minnesota; Missouri; New Jersey; New York; North Carolina; Ohio; Pennsylvania; South Carolina; Texas; Virginia; and West Virginia.