West Creek 1 (12071), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Agile Delivery Lead, Manager
In the Agile Delivery Lead role, you'll ensure your teams' delivery success by leveraging the appropriate Agile methodology to enable predictable, quality delivery while maintaining a focus on the continuous improvement of the team. The Agile Delivery Lead will optimize team productivity by removing impediments that may obstruct the pursuit of the team's goals and by preserving flexibility and ability to rapidly respond to changes on the team.
- Ensures team(s) maintains focus on quality and continuous delivery
- Partners with Product and Engineering to evolve roadmaps and update delivery plans
- Leverages iterative delivery to learn faster and support risk management
- Provides visibility into delivery targets, commitments, and progress
- Be well managed – understand and coach the team on delivery controls, compliance to minimize operational, and reputational risk
- Understands domain and business problems/opportunities teams are solving for
- Understands high level domain architecture and targets to identify upstream and downstream dependencies and to support the team in risk management
- Proactively identifies impediments and appropriately resolves using network of peers and formal channels (including escalation if required)
- Balances data with other factors when influencing delivery and making decisions
- Integrates Agile and Lean principles into team practices and work products
- Coaches Product Owner and team on backlog refinement and prioritization
- Utilizes team feedback and metrics (quality, delivery rate, etc.) to identify areas of opportunity and works with team to continuously improve
- Innovates with practices and frameworks through experimentation to improve the team and their delivery
- Developing understanding and encouragement of team's engineering innovation and improvement (engineering practices, DevOps, etc.)
- Coaches the team to improve collaboration and self-organization
- Developing ability to act as an Agile mentor and coach to other Scrum Masters or any Agile role
- Agile and Technical Learning: Actively seeks and participates in a variety of learning opportunities such as Communities of Practice, conferences, classroom training, and independent study to further develop self and community
- At least 6 years of Agile Scrum Master experience on an Agile team
- 3+ years of experience with Jira
- 8+ years of Agile experience
- Lean or Agile certification
- Scrum Alliance CSM or CSP certification or PMI's Agile Certified Professional (ACP)
- SAFe certified or experience (or other scaled agile frameworks)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.