Residential Behavioral Health Associate, PRN
If you are mission driven and want to help the lives of people in your community, we have a place for you on our Team!
The Residential Behavioral Health Associate assists clients with the daily routine of the program and monitors client safety. Responsible for providing opportunities for recreation and education. Has primary responsibility for all non-billable tasks that are necessary for efficient unit functioning and client safety. The Residential BHA is a positive team player that promotes a culture of inclusion and participation.
Required Education and Experience
- High School degree or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license, reliable operating transportation, and proof of current auto insurance
Preferred Education and Experience
- Degree in Social Work, Public Health Administration, Public Policy Administration, Health Communications or related field
- Experience working in a residential mental health setting
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ensure all intake and discharge paperwork is complete and accurate
- Assist Clinicians with program needs
- Act as resource liaison and initiate case management referral process when appropriate
- Monitor, track, and record the physical presence and safety of each client as designated by phase of treatment and clinician’s instruction
- Complete accurate and timely shift reports
- Complete end of shift Staff Note in EHR
- Run errands and transport clients in special circumstances, as required
- Maintain check out log of electronics, scissors, razors and other required items
- Supervise visitations, client telephone privileges, and implement safety protocols
- Ensure client’s rooms are cleaned following all discharges
- Monitor and maintain supply inventory and restocking, intake/discharge packets and client orientation folders
- Maintain document scanning
- Responsible for entering and maintaining BPRS
- Track daily census
- Provide clerical assistance to the Program Director
While we welcome all to apply, there are some position specific background stipulations that must be met to comply with various regulatory and contractual requirements.
New Vista prohibits discrimination and harassment against any applicant, employee or contractor based on sex, race, color, age, national or ethnic origin, religion, physical disability, mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, working conditions, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, wage and salary administration, employee benefits and training. It is also the company’s policy to prohibit all forms of retaliation against any individual who has complained of harassing or discriminatory conduct, encouraged another to complain, participated in an investigation into such complaints, or opposed unlawful discrimination.