Requisition Number: OFFIC03412
Stock Yards Bank & Trust Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Stock Yards Bancorp, Inc. (NASDAQ; SYBT), with company assets totaling over $4 billion. Founded in 1904, Stock Yards Bank has evolved from a small bank serving the Louisville livestock industry to a nationally recognized bank known for exceptional service and financial performance. Our capabilities align well with those of national banks, but our focus has always been building a strong relationship with our customers while providing an engaging work environment for our employees. Stock Yards Bank & Trust has consistently received recognition for being one of the best places to work in Kentucky.
Since 1904, Stock Yards Bank & Trust has become one of the region's premier community banks - renowned for the close, personal attention that distinguishes us from other financial institutions in our market. Our bank actively seeks individuals to help us build trusted partnerships and further our success. We are pleased to announce there is an opportunity for you to advance your achievements as an Office Manager while helping us further our success.
As an Office Manager, you are responsible for the daily management of branch operations including in-office sales and cross sales along with the supervision of office staff and hiring decisions. Good communication and management skills are necessary in developing business and supervising employees. Math and balancing accuracy is important as well as providing exceptional customer service for which we are known. In addition to the candidate’s experience, Stock Yards Bank & Trust will provide a professional environment to continually improve the candidate’s skills and to further his/her career goals for advancement to higher levels within the banking profession.
Daily responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plan, direct, or coordinate the activities of workers in branches, offices, or departments of establishments, such as branch banks, brokerage firms, risk and insurance departments, or credit departments.
- Develop new business by attending community events to develop banking relationships
- Open new accounts and sell other bank services and products to both existing and new clients
- Retain and expand current customer relationships
- Process and close loan requests
- Build team sales using weekly team meetings and coaching sessions
- Supervise branch personnel including scheduling, employee training, performance appraisals, and disciplinary actions
- Maintain and update bank operational policies and procedures
- Recommend practices to improve branch efficiency
- Handle customer relations including complaints and inquiries
- Responsible for office operational processes
- Manage the office budget
- Represent the bank at community functions
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- BS/BA preferred
- 3-5 years of retail banking experience
- 1 year experience in loan documentation
- Supervisory and employee development experience
- Coordinate teamwork and motivate others
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Computer proficient
- Microsoft Excel and Word proficient
- Professional appearance and demeanor