WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $15.8 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
This position is accountable for preparing routine color samples and will utilize basic knowledge of raw materials and skills to operate basic equipment.
- Perform tests based on Institutional Test Methods (ITMs).
- Document all test processes.
- Perform audits on equipment, as needed.
- Achieve production goals by accurately preparing the appropriate number of samples required.
- Adhere to company safety standards at all times.
- Additional duties as assigned
- FORMAL EDUCATION:
- High school diploma from an accredited institution.
- Four year Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution
- KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience maintaining neat and legible records or logs
- Familiar with MS Office (Excel, Word, Power Point and/or Access.
- 3 years of experience in an automotive or aerospace coatings/paint application or production laboratory
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to sit, stand, hear, and see on a constant basis.
- Must be able to walk, write, and type on a frequent basis.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to climb and descend stairs.
- Must be able to bend, carry, reach, push, and pull on a frequent basis.
- May work indoors and outdoors as needed. Exposure to heat up to 120 degrees and cold to 0 degrees.
- May work in areas where noise level is such that hearing protection is required.
- May work in areas where toxic, flammable, and hazardous materials are present.
- Work surfaces may include concrete.
- Employee must be able to tolerate non-toxic paint odors and be able to wear a respirator as required.
- Employee must be able to operate a computer and communicate via telephone.
- Some travel to other locations, meetings and/or seminars is required.
- TECHNICAL/SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to operate laboratory balances
- Ability to operate paint dispensing machines
- Technical understanding of paint mixing and spray application
- Ability to operate manual and automated paint application equipment.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the country for which you are applying for employment (without now or in the future needing sponsorship for employment work visa and/or permanent residence status).
Who we are
At Sherwin-Williams, we're proud of the company we keep — our family of loyal employees. To learn about our company and our culture go to Sherwin.com/careers.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting appropriate employment service delivery systems, such as state workforce agencies and local employment delivery systems, to provide priority referrals of protected veterans.