Maintenance Technician-Richmond, CA
Marine Spill Response Corporation has an immediate opening for a Maintenance Technician to perform basic and preventative maintenance on hydraulic, diesel and oil spill equipment.
This position provides maintenance and operations support to equipment used in all phases of oil spill response. Experience with diesel engines, outboards, welding, fabricating, and marine equipment is a plus.
- Maintain and repair the mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical components of response equipment, and other company equipment.
- Mechanical and technical aptitude for a variety of small diesel and gas engines, hydraulics, ac/dc power distribution.
- Deploy and retrieve oil spill materials, including boom and sorbent materials.
- Ability to complete required paperwork and reports properly and timely, and adhere to all policies, procedures and regulations supporting a safe work environment.
- In the event of a customer required spill or drill, the ability to report to assigned worksite location within a 2-hour recall notice, and, for spill responses, ability to work up to 14 consecutive days, if needed.
- Work effectively as part of a team, and perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma, or GED equivalent.
- Valid Drivers License
- Successful background check, drug screen and pre-hire medical exam
- Ability to obtain a TWIC card and Passport, and complete the 40 Hour HAZWOPER training (provided upon hire)
- Ability to travel as needed, including oil spill/drill responses as described above.
- This position requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position, including lifting and moving of 45 lbs or more, ability to see, hear, and move safely, work in extreme weather conditions and wear personnel protective equipment correctly, when needed.
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- Employer matched 401k
- Generous Paid Time Off Program
- On the Job Training
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, visit us at www.msrc.org
Marine Spill Response Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MSRC prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or because an employee or applicant is a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, or other protected veteran.
To facilitate the process, internal applicants are encouraged to speak with their supervisor and/or their HRA about their interest in, and application for, this position.