What We Do: As experts in highly engineered materials made from fibers, resins and polymers, SWM provides solutions to make products stronger, more durable and with increased performance. Every day, our papers, films, nets and nonwovens are used in the medical, filtration, transportation and a variety of other markets globally. While we may be a global powerhouse, we are still a “human-sized” enterprise, dedicated to offering rewarding opportunities with room to grow for all of our employees. You can learn more about us at www.swmintl.com.
What You’ll Do: Under the direction of the Production Supervisor and designated Lead Operator, the Extrusion Machine Operator is responsible for the efficient set-up and operation of extrusion lines in order to safely produce high-quality products in accordance with the standard operating procedure, production schedule, set-up instructions, and quality specifications.
** Shift differential will apply
- Minimum of 6 months related experience in an extrusion manufacturing environment. required
- Mechanical Aptitude required
- Basic Math, Reading and Writing skills required
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance required
- Ability to use a ruler or other measurement tools to ensure products meet customer expectations
- Ability to read and understand prints (part dimensions, fabrication, packaging)
- Proficient communication skills, oral and written in English
- Experience with precision measuring instruments such as calipers, micrometers and dedicated check fixtures and other hand tools is a plus.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- All applicants must pass a pre-employment physical, background check and drug screen
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive weekly pay with the opportunity to advance
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement