#4688 Wintel Engineer
MDI Group is a premier IT workforce solutions provider with more than 25 years of expertise in finding “best fit” IT talent for mid-sized to Fortune 500 clients. We have established relationships with our clients and work directly with the hiring managers. Why MDI Group?...You can expect that we will learn what is most important to you in your job search and match that to the needs of our clients. We offer career coaching and resume services, skills certifications, interview preparation skills, health benefits and a 401K plan. We are currently interviewing for the following contract position:
Contract - Hire
- Experience in Cloud/Virtualization Technologies including Microsoft Azure and AWS.
- Experience in designing and implementing Hybrid Cloud solution projects involving implementing Private/Hybrid Clouds and good knowledge on infrastructure areas involving Storage, Servers, Network etc., and broad knowledge in other areas of Cloud & Infrastructure
- Experience in defining new architectures and ability to drive an independent project from an architectural stand point
- Build strong trusted technical advisor relationships with key stakeholders and executives
- Influence and help shape the evolution of a Global Private Enterprise Cloud.
- Knowledge of best practices/trends across Cloud technologies to provide thought leadership and mentor the team to build the necessary processes.
- Good understanding of VMware Horizon View Enterprise Suite 6 technologies.
- Good Knowledge of Datacenter infrastructure including Cisco UCS, EMC, vBlock and VMware.
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Operating System (Server 2003/2008/2012).
- Must have a strong background in supporting Enterprise Technologies
- Working knowledge of Networking Principles
- Ability to carry out the responsibilities of this position with little direction.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Able to prioritize and multi-task.
- Ability to be on call 24x7 and work occasional weekends on a rotating basis.
- Intermediate knowledge of standard scripting technologies (WMI, VBScript, PowerShell)
- Must possess strong troubleshooting skills and analytical skills.
- Troubleshoots and resolves system service failures by identifying and analyzing the situation and provides corrective actions.
- Develops, installs, and tests new network hardware and software releases, system upgrades, evaluates and installs patches and resolves software related problems.
- Monitors systems activities and fine tunes system parameters and configuration to optimize performance and ensure security of systems.
- Provides senior level expertise on decisions and priorities regarding systems architecture.
- Engages with application development teams on current infrastructure projects.
- Evaluates existing solutions and infrastructure and provides recommendations.
- Approves system designs and functions as a project lead as required.
- Facilitates the establishment and implementation of standards and guidelines that guide the design of technology solutions including architecting and implementing solutions.
- Manages and maintains the hardware, software, security, and connectivity to the Internet as well as middleware components.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Decisions made with thorough understanding of procedures, company policies, and business practices to achieve general results and deadlines.
- Responsible for setting work unit and/or project deadlines.
- Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to department.
- No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position.
- Provides informal assistance such as technical guidance, and/or training to coworkers.
- May lead project teams and/or plan, and supervise assignments of lower level employees.
See our new look and learn why more than 25 years of IT focus makes MDI Group different at www.mdigroup.com!