Additional Work Location(s) :
About the Role
A Senior Engineer provides a wider variety of technical tasks using a combination of advanced engineering principles and techniques. They operate with little guidance/supervision as Subject Matter Experts (SME) in their defined area of specialization.
What You Will Do
- Design and development of software using C+
• for professional audio products.
- Understand the requirements, design, develop and debug software for professional audio products.
- Task definition, implementation, code reviews, testing and documentation of code functionality.
- As part of a matrix organization work alongside architects, engineers, designers and testers in multiple locations as needed to help integrate and productize the solution.
- Writing C+
• code and be aware of code modularity, code performance, Object-oriented programming, self-explanatory code style.
- Integration of new functionality into an existing C+
- Follow software development practices like Agile/Scrum processes.
What You Need
- Bachelor's degree in Computer, Electrical or Software Engineering or related field and 7 years of experience; alternatively,
- Strong expertise in C++, up to C+
• 14. Very Strong in object-oriented programming skills, classes, polymorphism, templates, standard library, common design patterns, threads, unit testing or demonstrated expertise with Networking - TCP, UDP, Sockets, IP, Socket programming using Boost ASIO.
- Strong experience with XML, JSON. Writing, parsing, schemas.
What is Nice to Have
- Masters Degree
• 5 years of experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in working with Audio application frameworks and implementing audio solutions in a professional audio industry.
What Makes You Eligible
- Be willing to travel up to 5-10% domestic and international travel.
- Be willing to work in an office in Richardson, TX.
- Successfully complete a background investigation and drug screen as a condition of employment.
What We Offer
- Access to employee discounts on world-class HARMAN products (JBL, HARMAN Kardon, etc.).
- An opportunity to collaborate with talented teams across the globe and make an impact on our business.
- An inclusive and diverse work environment that fosters and encourages professional and personal development.
- Flexible work schedule with a culture encouraging work-life integration.