Why Xator Corporation? Xator Corporation is a privately owned company established in 2005 to provide services to the US Government and its support contractors. We implement cost-effective solutions that enable our customers to successfully execute their mission and are dedicated to delivering best-value services and solutions that support our national security. At Xator, we maintain a work environment that fosters new ideas, challenges the status quo and rewards success. We strive to supply the best people using proven processes and industry-leading technologies to deliver solutions that exceed expectations. We do not just provide products and services — we stand behind them. Exceed your expectations today... Join the XATOR team!
Clearance Requirement : Secret
Provide instruction in Survival, Evasion, Resistance, and Escape (SERE) to ensure each student graduates with confidence and the ability to employ the SERE tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs) necessary to return with honor regardless of the circumstances of captivity.
The SERE Instructor will provide course instruction, course administration which includes completing student training reports and forms, and logistical, operation and administrative activities for SERE academics and resistance training.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Must be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in SERE Resistance subjects, such as cross-cultural communications, physical and psychological aspects if captivity, clandestine communication, escape planning, resistance to exploitation, interrogation and the U.S. Military Code of Conduct.
- The SERE Instructor will be required to assist and participate in the continuous improvement and development of the SERE Course. The instructor conduct training utilizing fundamental courseware processes, appropriate instruction techniques and established doctrine.
- The SERE Instructor will be required to research and maintain currency in new technology and doctrinal developments in order to support the Government’s efforts to improve the quality and scope of training. This necessitates the Instructor to possess and apply a practical understanding of the policies, directives, regulations, field manuals, lesson outlines, courseware and POI used to conduct SERE Training.
- The SERE Instructor must possess the ability to apply various captor exploitation efforts, to include: interrogation, indoctrination, propaganda, video propaganda, concessions, forced labor and reprisals. The instructor must be able to analyze, evaluate and assess students’ knowledge and ability to employ resistance and escape strategies in a simulated captivity environment.
- This position requires the SERE Instructor to be knowledgeable in individual and group resistance postures, techniques and strategies, establishing overt and covert organizations, establishing overt and covert communications, and planning and executing escapes in all captivity environments – wartime, peacetime governmental detention, and hostage detention.
- Execute other duties as requested, directed or assigned by the Program Manager.
Qualifications and Skills
- Possess a high school diploma, or a GED equivalent (although a bachelor’s degree or equivalent is preferred)
- DoD Level-C SERE (2 years preferred)
- SERE Instructor: 2 years (Preferred)
- SOF related military instructor: minimum of 4 years (Preferred)
- Any DoD SERE-C (High Risk, 3 week course) (Required)
- U.S. Army Special Forces, MARSOC and U.S.N. SEAL background and combat related experience (Preferred)
- Must be knowledgeable of the U. S. policies and regulations governing SERE Training and the U.S. Military Code of Conduct.
Twenty-four (24) hour support is required and shift work is authorized. An eight-hour shift plus one (1) hour prior to start of shift to conduct course pre-briefings and one (1) hour immediately following each shift for debriefings shall be required. The SERE Instructor is required to provide support training over weekends and holidays during any course iteration.
The nature of SERE training requires high standards of mental and physical fitness. The SERE Instructor will participate in SERE training events in rough terrain, requiring the ability to lift/carry 45 pounds, walk up multiple flights of stairs, walk up to six (6) miles per day with a rucksack and provide up to eight (8) consecutive hours of instruction.
This position requires the instructors to be able to perform work in varied conditions, for example: indoor/outdoor, extreme inclement weather to include rain and snow.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Xator Corporation, and its Subsidiaries, provides equal opportunity to all applicants for employment as required by and/or consistent with applicable country law and company policy. Consistent with the foregoing, Xator Corporation provides qualified applicants consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veterans’ status, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status(s) protected by law. In the United States, Xator Corporation ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.