In the race for ideas, we never want our customers to compromise the speed of innovation nor the safety of their data. Code42 provides protection from Insider Threat by delivering a fast, simple path to data loss detection, investigation and response. With our product, security teams easily protect corporate data and reduce insider risk while fostering an open and collaborative culture for employees. We are proud our insider threat solution has been honored with a number of national awards. This includes Globee, IT World, Black Unicorn and Stevie Awards, as well as Cyber Defense Magazine InfoSec Awards, Cybersecurity Excellence Awards and an Info Security PG’s Global Excellence Award.
You belong at Code42 if you crave being a part of a transparent and collaborative culture, you want to drive innovation, and security is always top of mind. We look for authentic people who are inquisitive, enjoy solving complex problems, think creatively and provide diverse insights to help us think differently and thrive together. Don’t wait. #BeCode42.
Code42 is looking for a Senior Software Engineer, focusing on back end server side development to work on event-driven architecture at the heart of Code42's Insider Risk platform.
WHAT YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Designing and implementing code for assigned projects, both independently and with teammates, taking into account needs for monitoring, supportability, and testability.
- Writing unit and integration tests for your team's code.
- Testing, debugging, and troubleshooting all across the Code42 technology stack.
- Documenting code and design, and reviewing code and design docs from others.
- Demoing progress on team deliverables.
- Participating in story mapping and sizing sessions for small to medium-size product features.
- Synthesizing requirements into cohesive designs, identifying gaps and contradictions.
- Helping to estimate and prioritize product backlog.
- Helping to mentor and guide more junior staff.
- Collaborating with teammates across the product development organization.
- Contributing to process improvement efforts within engineering.
- Leading team design discussions and code reviews, asking questions, contributing and accepting feedback.
- Learning about new things and sharing that with the team.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Typically has a bachelor's degree and 5+ years professional experience, or can convincingly demonstrate this level of skill.
- Advanced in the primary languages of the team (typically a combination of Java, C#, C/C++)
- Is able to recognize lurking complexity, and able to identify non-local costs and benefits.
- Advanced object-oriented development for multi-tier development
- Experienced with testing frameworks used by the team
- Is familiar with continuous integration and deployment concepts.
- Practical experience with data repository technologies (ie: relational databases, Elasticsearch, NoSQL)
- Is experienced with agile/lean development processes
- Is comfortable taking ownership of deliverables as part of a team.
- Is comfortable working in a collaborative environment, both offering and asking for help when it's needed.
- Is comfortable working with non-technical staff.
- Has a passion for building systems that work well.
- Clearly able to communicate technical ideas to peers in written and verbal form
- Articulate business impact of technical decisions to non-technical staff
- Have experience with some additional languages (any of the above list, as well as languages like python, go, TypeScript, Kotlin)
- Experience with .NET Core
- Experience with AWS services such as Lambda, Kinesis, Fargate, etc..
- Provide real-world examples of production-quality work you've done in the past
- Are active in the local tech community
- Have contributed to open-source software in the past
A first-class onboarding experience which includes professional development, personal development all while learning and living our Code42 values. We provide comprehensive benefits that include health, dental, vision, wellness, 401k, maternity/paternity leave, generous paid time off and volunteer opportunities. At Code42 everyone is an owner. We participate in a commission or bonus plans and all receive stock options. We win together.