The Regional Director – Americas will lead the U.S. based Market Development team in executing The Company’s strategy in North, Central and South America through successful engagement with key stakeholders. The role works closely with colleagues in across multiple divisions with the team based in Reston, VA, and across geographies with colleagues based in Europe, China, and India – who together contribute to the development and implementation of The Company’s mission and revenue focused initiatives. This position will sit in Reston, VA.
- Oversee the organization’s operations and engagement with key stakeholders (GME providers, GME candidates, test prep companies, regulators, and others).
- Lead the organization in developing a better understanding of the change impacting graduate management education providers, and the strategic direction they are adopting to remain relevant in the COVID-19 and post COVID-19 environment. Establish the organization as the `go to’ solution provider for graduate management education providers in the Americas seeking selection, recruitment, and marketing tools; in the process widen usage of The Company’s products & services and meet business goals.
- Ensure that the pipeline growth, revenue (products & services) and engagement (school engagement and satisfaction, employee engagement) goals are met within specified time and budget.
- Support the development of value propositions aligned with The Company’s global strategic priorities (grow the pipeline, add value to providers, create locally relevant market models) based on market need, that would enhance The Company’s business and revenue in the Americas.
- Create processes for systematic gathering and reporting of market insights, updates on competitor activities, validation of proposed initiatives in the Americas and collaborate on initiatives across geographies and functions
- Lead and develop the Americas Market Development team including team structure to address market needs; facilitate individual and team development in Key Account Management, Consultative Selling, and Advice Based Relationship Management; support the adoption of tools such as Salesforce that enhance operational efficiency; encourage innovation; build stronger collaboration with other teams and foster greater engagement and enablement within the Market Development team.
- Advanced degree from accredited university in field related to specialty area
- 15 years’ experience in related field with 7 years of progressive managerial experience; or equivalent combination of education, skills, and experience
- Demonstrated team management / leadership / relationship management skills
- Demonstrated commercial / P&L management skill with an enterprise sales / key account management background including strong revenue orientation
- Ability to propose and implement strategy to influence and support the Senior Leadership team
- Ability to understand and address complex market shifts of significance to the organization that have direct impact on the success of the function and the organization, long-term and short-term
- Superior analytical skills and ability to prioritize objectives
- Adroit communicator with the ability to connect with, motivate and lead a team of performers
- Comfort with an environment of change with its attendant challenges, a self-starter and pace-setter capable of working individually without the support of a large team
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the working month, across North, Central and South America
- MBA, Master’s in Management, or an equivalent graduate management qualification.
- Deep understanding of the graduate management education domain in the Americas market.
- Experience working in a multi (internal) stakeholder environment, matrixed organization structure, and comfort with ambiguity and complexity.
- Exceptional organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Familiarity with sources of macroeconomic, demographic, and education industry data, and with usage of sales efficiency tools such as sales automation and CRM systems.
- Proficiency at establishing and nurturing professional networks, partnerships, and alliances.
- Ability to thrive in a high pressure environment that is currently amid significant disruption.
- Skilled in cross cultural communication, and proficiency in English and Spanish.