IOT Solution Architect
ABOUT THE JOB
The IoT Solution Architect represents the highest degree of technical architecture and design expertise within the Software AG technologies in the IoT & Analytics space. This role requires proficient hands-on technical skills combined with strong communication and presentation skills.
This IoT Solutions Architect (SA) role is within the IoT & Analytics Solutions Team of Software AG. The focus of this technical role is to fully understand a prospect's business problem and construct a solution around that problem leveraging Software AG products with a focus on Cumulocity IoT. The Solutions Architect exhibits a high level of technical pre-sales support and business maturity, operates independently in customer activities and has the proven ability to quickly understand business problems and find the appropriate Software AG technology offerings and differentiators.[PD1] In this role, you will collaborate with Cumulocity R&D, pre-sales technical teams, professional services, and commercial sales teams to help drive sales of Cumulocity IoT and the ensure success of customer projects. That said, the focus of this role is on the technical aspects in pre-sales and customer success.
The Solution Architect represents a high degree of technical architecture and design expertise within the Software AG technologies in the IoT and Analytics space. This role requires proficient hands-on technical skills combined with strong communication and presentation skills.
- Presales support: The SA provides high quality, business-oriented and technical support to the sales and pre-sales team. That includes advanced technical demos, Proof of Concepts, technical Workshops as well as creation of Solution-Design and Architecture proposals that solve specific customer requirements/use-cases.
- Co-Innovations: Gather information and requirements for product extensions/co-innovations. Align and steer co-innovation development closely with the internal R&D departments.
- Technical customer success: The SA owns key customers from a technical perspective, and helps ensuring the (technical) customers success.
Essential Job Functions
- Consulting of customers/prospects with the development and integration of complex IoT-Solutions based on Software AGs Cumulocity IoT portfolio.
- Engage with the sales representative and prospect to ensure a prospect's business needs can be addressed with Software AG's go-to market capabilities.
- Providing guidance and expertise in all IoT related best practices, Software AG products (e.g. Cumulocity IoT Platform, Apama) methods, technologies and tools.
- Define POC/POV or custom demonstration scenarios and map functions of Software AG products to prospects' needs.
- Lead teams of Systems Engineers on implementation of POC/POV's and custom demos. Ensure the demonstration fulfils the prospect's requirements and highlight and differentiate Software AG's capabilities.
- Engage with Customers, Product management and Product R&D for Co-innovations, Feature Requests and product improvements.
- Participate on meetings and conferences with customers and partners to serve as a liaison between Software AG internal organizations such as Technical Support and Product Research and Development.
- Demonstrated ability to present technology solutions to executive levels with a focus on solutions selling
- Provide technical presales support to the largest, most well-qualified deals
- Ability to craft, review and augment Proof Of Concept documents, SOWs, and various project plans involving Software AG technologies.
- Ability to define architecture, design and oversight of key projects, providing guidance and knowledge transfer to field resources.
- Able to work independently and multi-task while managing multiple customers at a time
Business and Leadership Skills
- Demonstrate a team attitude and leadership
- Ability to act as a mentor due to outstanding character, judgment and knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to manage time and deliver on deadlines
- Able to lead teams of Systems Engineers on Proof Of Concepts, Solution/Architecture Planning and custom demos.
Education and Experience
- University Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or Engineering
- Minimum 3+ years practical Solution architecture and design experience in IoT or Integration technologies
- Strong previous working knowledge of Java or C/C++
- Proven background in complex Cloud-/Webapplication Architectures and knowledge of the common protocols. (TCP/IP, UDP, WebSockets, HTTP/HTTPS, REST, JSON)
- Understanding of business infrastructure technology, network architectures and distributed computing
- Experience with distributed architectures and containerization using Docker and Kubernetes
- Knowledge of Web-related development technologies (Angular, HTML/CSS, XML/XSL/DTD, etc.)
- Knowledge of machine to machine communication and industrial protocols (MQTT, Modbus, OPCUA, etc.).
- Understanding of IoT//IIoT core principals and implementation models (m2m communication, LoRa, SigFox, BLE, etc.).
- Background in IoT and Analytics (including “smart manufacturing“ / Industrie 4.0, “smart cities“, connected consumer products, etc.) beneficial
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- The employees are smart, friendly and welcoming
- Free underground parking – never get wet or shovel snow
- Health Insurance starts your first day on the job
- Three weeks paid vacation & three weeks paid sick leave
- 10 paid holidays (including a floating holiday and a community service day)
- 401(k) Plan with up to 5% employer match
- Business Casual office
- Kitchen on every floor with cable TV – also, subsidized snacks & cold drinks
Software AG is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, religion, color, marital status, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
WHAT YOU GET
WHAT WE DO
WHO WE ARE
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Solution Architect, Architecture, Engineer, Developer, Consulting, Technology, Engineering