ECM/CUAS Field Engineer
Vaxcom Services Inc. (an Xator Corporation National Security Solutions Company) is a niche provider of intelligence related support services. We are recognized experts in Intelligence Community with subject matter expertise in the areas of Technical/IT Services, Operations, and Intelligence Services.
ECM / UAS Field Engineer Northern Virginia
Vaxcom is currently seeking Field Engineers to support our Customers mission requirements in a dynamic and challenging office environment.
POSITION OVERVIEW (Field Engineer ECM / CUAS)
Vaxcom Services, Inc. is currently seeking a ECM/CUAS Field Engineer with the ability to provide technical and operational skills in support of the clients CUAS program. The CUAS FSR will work as part of a small team with other FSRs and the Project Manager for primary focus of site operational and customer training requirements. The FSR will directly support the maintenance of the fielded CUAS equipment, re-installation of Line repairable units (LRUs), training, integration, and sustainment of these solutions with existing client infrastructure in three OCONUS locations.
Candidate will provide hands on support for ECM/CUAS technical, network, and integration projects. This position requires a high degree of technical skill, personal resilience and flexibility, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to work as part of a cross-functional team in a variety of physical environments.
REQUIRED SECURITY CLEARANCE: Candidate must have an active Top Secret clearance (poly preferred)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
- Conduct temporary install / uninstall of CUAS systems in a variety of locations / environmental conditions to support client CUAS testing and evaluation operations.
- Conduct permanent / semi-permanent installs and continuing operational support, monitoring, and maintenance of CUAS systems in a variety of locations / environmental conditions to support client CUAS operational requirements.
- Make recommendations to the CUAS PM for equipment modifications / upgrades based on experience gained through testing and operational use of CUAS systems.
- Deploy overseas locations to perform technical inspections, system checks, fault diagnosis, identify cause of failures, and replace Least Replaceable Unit (LRU), test and restore CUAS systems to full functionality.
- Conduct basic programming of CUAS systems (install / upgrade loadsets, firmware, software upgrades, etc.).
- Work with the CUAS Team to develop and conduct training on the proper care, use, maintenance and preventive maintenance of systems.
Primary Responsibilities Include (But Are Not Limited To):
- Perform intermittent travel to customer location overseas to assess unit equipment needs and provide unique systems configurations/solutions to match the fielding requirements and ensure constant system operations during assignment.
- Interface directly with Government customers as the primary technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) for CUAS system support.
- Perform system checks of each system installation prior to issue.
- Conduct technical analysis for system implementations, modifications, and potential enhancements.
- Perform de-installations, installations, and handoffs for specified systems.
- Troubleshoot system problems and/or integration issues, determine system solution in accordance with customer needs, and recommend actions to customer for system solutions.
- Perform engineering assessments of new equipment and software upgrades for integration
- Experience with Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) operation & capabilities; and command, control, and guidance systems.
- Experience with ground based Electronic Countermeasures (ECM) / Counter Remote Controlled Improvised Explosive Device Electronic Warfare (CREW) systems is highly desired.
- into required systems as directed by the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and customer program team.
- Develop and improve operations processes/practices for each location based on best practices across the program and through peer and management collaboration.
- Develop lesson materials and conduct on-site field training of operations personnel on newly developed/implemented system procedures, with OEM support and data.
- Serve as primary maintainer, instructor, assistant instructor, and/or system demonstrator.
- Create customized training plans based on current systems, new system upgrades, and mission-specific requirements.
- Provide delivery of instruction through both field and classroom training/operation.
- JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Technical experience working as a field service engineer installing, configuring, testing, maintaining, repairing, operating and effectively training end users on how to operate equipment.
- Ability to provide technical advice and guidance on installation, adaptation, configuration and/or enhancement of company technical products, programs and systems.
- Experience with Radio Frequency (RF) transmission, detection, and deterrence equipment and techniques.
- Candidate must hold a valid U.S. passport or have ability to obtain a U.S. passport.
- Current TOP SECRET security clearance is required with eligibility to obtain a Top Secret with Polygraph clearance in a short timeline.
- Bachelors Degree or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience is required.
- 5 to 10 years of progressively responsible experience with RF and/or cellular communications systems, network infrastructure, and/or ground based electronic countermeasures systems.
Specialized Knowledge/Skills Requirements
- Ability to work alone or within a group.
- Strong mechanical aptitude; experience working with tools.
- Sound understanding of RF theory; experience with communications, GPS, and electronic countermeasures systems is highly desired.
- Ability to use and communicate a wide variety of technical data from OEM manuals, engineering drawings, etc. to engineers as well as to non-technical system end users.
- Position requires daily interface with customers at numerous levels. Candidate must possess, and use, a high degree of tact and interpersonal communication skills in daily interactions with team members, clients, vendors, and end users.
PHYSICAL REQUIRMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS
Routine manual lifting of objects 50-80 pounds such as boxes and other equipment. Perform work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing ladders; high lift equipment up to 40 feet, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc. Manual dexterity required for frequent reaching, climbing, and lifting of moderate objects, operation of power and manual tools/equipment, and operating office equipment
Typical overseas assignments are frequently performed in both internal and external environments with a variety of weather conditions. Ability to work under extreme hot or cold weather conditions with exposure to dust or dirt is routine and may require the use of protective personal equipment (PPE).
Travel & Associated pre-Travel Clearances:
This position will require overseas travel. Candidates should be willing to be on travel / TDY away from their home location 60-90 durations, in hazardous duty locations. Candidates must pass medical screening and pass weapons qualifications training.
Salary - We offer competitive compensation packages with plenty of opportunity for advancement.
401K Program - Full-time employees are eligible on the 1st day of the month following their date of hire. Employees are vested immediately.
Paid Time Off - Vaxcom is able to offer 20 days of leave to new employees. In addition, we recognize 10 paid holidays per year; all of which are floaters and may be taken on its designated date or on any day following.
On September 24, 2021, the U.S. Government’s Safer Federal Workforce Task Force issued “2021 Guidance for Federal Contractors and Subcontractors” mandating that Covered federal contractors, including Xator Corporation, and their employees shall be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Therefore, this position may require individuals to be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) or have been granted a religious or medical accommodation by December 8, 2021 or shortly thereafter.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Xator Corporation, and its Subsidiaries, provides equal opportunity to all applicants for employment as required by and/or consistent with applicable country law and company policy. Consistent with the foregoing, Xator Corporation provides qualified applicants consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veterans’ status, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status(s) protected by law. In the United States, Xator Corporation ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.