Health Information Specialist
Would you like to have a career that makes a daily difference in people’s lives? Do you want to be part of a caring, respectful, diverse community? If you answered yes to these questions, keep reading!
HealthPoint is a community-based, community-supported and community-governed network of non-profit health centers dedicated to providing expert, high-quality care to all who need it, regardless of circumstances. Founded in 1971, we believe that the quality of your health care should not depend on how much money you make, what language you speak or what your health is, because everyone deserves great care.
Responsible for processing incoming clinical documents on the fax server for routing and filing into the electronic health record (NextGen). Requires familiarity with medical terms, document types, and attention to detail to ensure accuracy and correct workflow.
Compensation is dependent on skills and experience.
Your contribution to the team includes:
- Retrieves and reviews scanned records from the fax server daily.
- Files documents into the electronic health record accurately by correct patient, date, clinic site and document type.
- Analyzes documents for provider signature requirement, and routes to their inbox accordingly for electronic signature.
- Tasks documents as appropriate to the data entry team or others, in accordance with established policy and procedure.
- Have and understand basic LEAN knowledge and be able to recognize a process that could benefit from review using LEAN tools including time observations, takt time calculation worksheet, and percent load chart.
- Be able to document and participate in a PDSA.
- Participate in daily team huddles, and function as huddle lead when assigned.
- Communicates ideas to manager and/or supervisor in regards to PDSA’s, and other Lean activities
- Maintain confidentiality of all patient medical/dental records, financial, and personal information.
Must have’s you’ll need to be successful:
- High school diploma or GED Required. Medical terminology required.
- Two (2) or more years of recent experience and/or medical records related education in scanning clinical information into an electronic medical record software application is required.
Proof of immunizations and/or immunity to: COVID-19, MMR (measles, mumps, and rubella), Varicella, Annual Influenza, and TB Quantifier are required for all employees. Additionally, if you work in a HealthPoint clinic, Tdap (within last 10 years) is required. Hepatitis B. is required for clinical employees with potential exposure to blood/blood products. All immunizations are a condition of employment. Upon hire, employees must provide proof of their immunizations and/or immunity prior to starting or no later than their fifth (5) business day of employment.
Where to gather your records:
- If you received immunizations in Washington, Arizona, Louisiana, Maryland or West Virginia, you may visit to create an account and retain proof of your medical records for the immunity/immunization requirements.
- If records do not show any data, please seek guidance from your provider for further assistance.
HealthPoint is committed to offering all employees a competitive compensation package, including benefits and several other perks.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision for employees and their families/dependents
- HSA, FSA plans
- Life Insurance, AD&D and Disability Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Program
- PTO Plan for full-time benefited and part-time benefited employees. 0-.99 years of service accrual of 5.23 hours per pay period. (pro-rated accruals for part-time benefited employees)
- Extended Illness Time Away of 40 hours (pro-rated for part-time benefited employees)
- 8 holidays and 3 floating holidays
- Compassion Time Away up to 40 hours
- Opportunity Time Off (extended time off for staff to invest in themselves) up to 8 weeks
- Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Voluntary plans at a discount, such as life insurance, critical illness and accident insurance, identity theft insurance, and pet insurance.
- Third Party Perks Discounted Movie Tickets, Travel, Hotels, and more
- Development and Growth Opportunities
To learn more about HealthPoint, go to www.healthpointchc.org! #practiceyourpassion
It is the policy of HealthPoint to afford equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, because of sensory, physical, or mental disability, genetic information, gender identity or any other factor protected by local, state or federal law, and to prohibit harassment or retaliation based on any of these factors.